Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

VIP Map Pack 2

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By xMP44x

Well, this thread is sorta based around Meteora's thread about Arica Harbor and the opinions of Giant Bombers about it. I figured a thread where the map pack could be discussed generally, might be a good idea. I don't know if you'll agree or not, but still. 

As you all know, Map Pack 2 was released on the 30th of March 2010 to deliberately coincide with the release of Modern Warfare 2's Stimulus map package. The pack also includes VIP Membership for those who did not buy a new copy of the game. Should a non-VIP purchase this pack it will set them back 1200 Microsoft Points, though it is free for VIPs. The pack contains two maps, and neither of them are technically maps in their own right - they are maps that are already on the disc, and have simply been ported to different playlists. The two maps are: 

Laguna Presa: This map has been ported from Conquest into Rush mode, and is based in a jungle featuring wooden huts and such. It seems loosely based on the area you play in during some of the missions of the campaign. 

Arica Harbor: This map received a port from Rush mode into Conquest, and I cannot comment on it because I have not played it. However, Meteora has a thread on the subject of this map, which you're welcome to read here

I'm not sure if Meteora will be alright with this thread, as it might stop his thread being used. But I'm assuming it'll be fine, because Meteora seems to be a cool guy :3 
    Anyway, I might as well give my own opinion about the one of these two maps that I played, and that map is Laguna Presa. 

In short, I really do dislike this map for Rush mode. On the three matches I've played on this map, they've all been on the Defenders, and it's been incredibly laggy every time. But still, putting aside the lag part for a few moments, I still loathe playing this map. The Defenders seem to be at an incredible disadvantage. The buildings are made of wood, so they are blown up even faster than wood. EA and DICE were decent enough to give anti-armor weapons, though some people are able to park tanks in a position where they can destroy a base pretty comprehensively without running the risk of their tank being hit with a missile from the rockets. And due to the fact the only way to the tank, is covered by the tank, it's hard to jog over and lay some C4 on it. But I digress. Maybe it's just been my experience with this map. Maybe this is how this map is meant to be played. I don't know, but I have a feeling that the Attackers have a great time with this map.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

Laguna Presa Rush is one of my favorite maps thus far. I like how open it is. How much room and routes for flanking there are. 

The whole wooden hut thing is a double edged sword. It's just as easy to keep a crate out in the open form getting armed, when there's no obstruction.

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SilentCommando

Personally the maps are alright, but I like some of the others better.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Laguna Presa Rush is an intense map IMO.  As attackers, there are a lot of flanking opportunities and as for defenders, you just really need to spread out and cover the flanking positions early.  As for blowing up the wooden houses, I do think it's not really a problem since it's actually disadvantageous to attackers as well since they will also be open to defender kills when they are arming the MCOMs, so their only option to cover themselves while arming the MCOM is to smoke grenade the thing.  I do think it's more advantageous for defenders to have an MCOM that is openly exposed since then can just sit there and wait for attackers to get near the MCOM. 

And the MCOMs at the third base I think, where there is a bridge, that is quite difficult setup for the attackers since there are choke points and not much space to flank.  In my opinion, I think the map is actually fun and one of my favorites so far.  I like it better than Isla Inocentes and Nelson Bay. :) 

Edit: With the matches I played in Laguna Presa rush, I haven't experienced any lag issues on that map. :)

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jack268

Haven't played Arica Harbor on conquest yet, but I'll just jump on the train and say Laguna Presa Rush is crazy fun, with all the flanking and the intensity it's just insane.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jayross

I too haven't had a lot of opportunity to play the attackers on that map, and I have experienced a lot of lag in some matches. 

But the map plays way differently than all of the other rush maps, and both the attackers and defenders have to adapt to the change in environment. 

It is wider, which means a lot more flanking routes for attackers, the defenders will spread themselves out more for sure. It is a very good map for snipers. A defensive sniper can watch a crate from numerous positions and prevent it from being armed. But if it does get armed, an attacking sniper can defend it pretty well too. 

I think it is a very fun map, I want to play as attackers on it a bit more though. 

Arica Harbor conquest is a lot of fun if you want a super faced paced match, it is essentially team deathmatch, which is fine.  
    (Tip for this map: engineer + increased # of rockets + improved demolitions + Carl = amazing) 

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By FrankCanada97

Laguna Presa Rush is great, there's a mix of stealth, action, and vehicles. All the tiers are wide open with the exception of the third one. So many different approaches to that. Arica Harbor Conquest is a good map if you have two good teams playing. Good urban warfare, a fair amount of cover.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.