Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

What would you say to limited number of a class.

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MrSnow

Have you ever played World in conflict. That game is class based as well but there is a limit on how many people can play as a class. 

Maybe that would be good for this game. Out of a squad of 4 maybe a max of 2 assault, 2 engineer, 2 medic and 1 recon. 

Maybe not for hardcore but for rush ............... You need a fairly balanced attacking team in order to win and not a heap of cowards sitting on a hill taking pot shots at enemies even though those enemies have unlimited tickets so it don't matter and all it those provides the enemy with less ground targets to engage meaning the guys who actually try to get shit done are constantly under fire from a superior number of enemies. Snipers just don't give the ground support needed ............

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SilentCommando

I don't think there should be a class number restriction. People paid for the game and I think they should be able to play it however they want, whether it's useful or not.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman

While your point is indeed very valid, and I hear your frustration, no, it just wouldn't be right, or smart on Dice's part to limit classes.  People just need to learn to play the game correctly, and we should squad up with friends who communicate as much as possible.
    MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrSnow
    @pweidman said:
    " While your point is indeed very valid, and I hear your frustration, no, it just wouldn't be right, or smart on Dice's part to limit classes.  People just need to learn to play the game correctly, and we should squad up with friends who communicate as much as possible. "
    yes but you need 12 friends to rock..............................
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Jayross

No, having a set-number of classes would ruin the game, I can't possibly see that being fun.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By meteora

It can benefit the overall structure of the game. For example, the unstoppable army of medic zombies will be sent straight to hell, and you don't have more than half of your team trying to snipe.

Of course, then we have issues with frustration of trying to play a certain class in each game. Swapping classes is always good for certain situations; and sometimes people aren't very good at whatever class that is in demand. Having medics in your team that don't do jackshit is a problem. Having terrible snipers filling in spots that could be filled by someone else better is a problem.

ImproveTheMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ImproveTheMind

They have that in Day of Defeat: Source and it is a great feature.  It keeps the game more action oriented, while still allowing for some strategic play.  I would be all for this change since I especially hate being on a team of snipers on rush.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AlwaysAngry

It'll be like AvP then. 

The two lucky guys get Predator first, and everybody else waits until the next game to try and get it.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Andorski
    @ImproveTheMind said:
    " They have that in Day of Defeat: Source and it is a great feature.  It keeps the game more action oriented, while still allowing for some strategic play.  I would be all for this change since I especially hate being on a team of snipers on rush. "
    Was just about to bring up DoD: Source.  I really liked the feature as well, but I did find some people just waiting in spectator mode until their class got an open spot.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

Thanks, but no thanks.

@AlwaysAngry: Except there is no OP class here.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Tennmuerti said:
    " Thanks, but no thanks.

@AlwaysAngry: Except there is no OP class here. "
    Then why limit the classes? 

You just butt-fucked your argument.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @AlwaysAngry: Err what?
    I didn't make any arguments. I said that I do not want to limit the number of classes.
    You just butt fucked  your reading comprehension?
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Tennmuerti: Hehehe, I thought you were the OP. I never bothered to check. 

Hehehehe...butt fuck...
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lilbigsupermario

I think limiting the classes will not ruin the game, but it will make players frustrated because they don't get to play the class they want to play.  Remember, games are not just made to make people think strategically or be serious about it, but it should make players feel like they're having fun.  Of course, it won't be fun if you're getting frustrated if all your teammates are snipers/recon, but not all people think the same way.  Some have fun by just playing around in the game alone or with their squadmates and friends, some prefer having teamwork as fun.  If you want to have serious teamwork in BFBC2, then play with a clan or with your friends, then set a strategy. :)

Besides, sometimes in matches, there are teams that have strategies like if they want to bring the building down, half of the team will change to recon and mortar strike the building.  And when tickets are running low, it's advisable to have more medics to revive your teammates and limit the ticket loss.  Limiting the number of classes in a team will make the game more strategic and will enforce teamwork, but it may lessen the diversity of the game.  What makes BFBC2 multiplayer fun is the randomness that happens in matches that gives fun surprises, whether it may be tactically awesome or just stupid fun. :)

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By Jayross

The whole idea of this "set # of classes" thing seems to stem from snipers. 

Listen, we all hate losing, and seeing 5 snipers sitting on a hill, but if that is the case, just leave the game, we don't need to limit the player's freedom, that is what is so great about Battlefield.

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrSnow

Well  maybe they could create a mode for people who want to play like that.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By xMP44x
    @MrSnow said:
    "  Well  maybe they could create a mode for people who want to play like that. "
    Maybe they could. But at the same time, that would divide the player base up more. People would complain that the new mode isn't Core or isn't Hardcore, and Dice would have to add two modes. I like it how it is, as it doesn't really punish you for connecting a little late. If you got into a match a little slower than everyone else with this system, you could be forced to use a class you're not good with, or worse: a class that has nothing unlocked. Medics who haven't their Defibrillators are as useful as a chocolate teapot, and it's not fair if someone is forced to play a class they don't enjoy.
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PillClinton
    @MrSnow: 

I totally agree.  Nothing sucks more than being the only medic on a team of recons.
    owenneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By owenneil

I see alot less recon players then i do of medics now. the game i played yesterday i swear the who other team was medics, killed 4 and 4 more showed up to revive them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.