Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jun 23, 2008

The venerable Battlefield franchise returns for its second console-only outing, this time with a fleshed out single player campaign and a new multiplayer game mode, Gold Rush.

Point in collecting gold bars?

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Ultimadark

I bought BF:Bad Company last week and have played through the first three missions now. One thing I wonder though is if theres any reward for, or point in collecting gold bars on the levels besides for achievements. They story seems to be pretty focused on them, but so far I haven't found any use for them (or the collectable weapons for that matter).

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2  Edited By Cerza

So far as I know there isn't.  I don't remember there being any point to it other than achievements. I played through the game when it launched, didn't find all the gold bars, and didn't feel like I missed out on anything. I could be wrong through. Maybe I did miss something....

Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mr_Bubbles

It's pretty silly to say "except for the achievements." 

What's the point of killing people? Except for not dying, but what's really the point?

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Ultimadark
    @Mr_Bubbles: Well you would have a hard time finishing the levels if you didn't kill any people, so that would be a point :P Collecting the gold bars doesn't help you finish the game unless you have OCD :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.