Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is a prequel that supposedly casts the player as an up-and-coming space pirate in an era when Humans are first creating animal-Human hybrids to serve as slave labor. The game is also known for constantly being delayed and in development hell.

Is BG&E 2 cancelled again?

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By abendlaender

Not to freak anyone out, but in a recent interview Guillemot was asked this:

Ubisoft has also used digital platforms to explore its legacy brands such as Rayman and Prince of Persia. Do you see this continuing? I mean, there are a lot of people who would love to see another Beyond Good and Evil game. Could Beyond Good and Evil 2 come out as a digital release?

You never know. It could happen! It's a fact that you don't have to create a game that's very long, you can take different risks with games.

So maybe it's because my english is not as good as I thought it was but doesn't this kinda imply that they don't work on a retail BG&E 2 anymore? Was this a known fact or am I just interpreting too much into that one queston? It might be, that the interviewer simply didn't know about the game (it's not like there is much info on it) and Guillemot just didn't corrected him, right?

Anyway, I don't like what I read. Not only concerning Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Here is the full interview

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

That quote in no way suggests that BG&E2 was cancelled.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JaredA

From what I understand he is only saying it's a possibility. I don't know why they would release it as download only, Beyond Good and Evil is a pretty popular game so I'm sure they would do fine at retail.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By abendlaender

@Hailinel:

Thank you. I'm very sorry if my bad understanding of the english language freaked someone out, but I just needed some confirmation. I'm really looking forward to this game....

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

@JaredA said:

From what I understand he is only saying it's a possibility. I don't know why they would release it as download only, Beyond Good and Evil is a pretty popular game so I'm sure they would do fine at retail.

Popular? BG&E actually bombed when it was released. That's why it took so long for Ubisoft to warm up to the idea of making a second one.

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By CountRockula

Given that we haven't seen anything of the game since the original teaser video, and seeing as how Michel Ancel seems to be back in the business of making Rayman games, I'd be very surprised if BG&E; 2 was still in development.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ubisoft said the game would launch on next gen consoles, so that's probably why we've seen nothing of it.

That or Ubisoft is too scared to admit that development never started.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JasonR86

If it were canceled, I think we should all find a way to blame EA for it. Who's with me!?!?!?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.