Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond: Two Souls

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 08, 2013

An interactive supernatural thriller from the studio behind Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy. It tells the story of Jodie Holmes, a girl with mysterious psychokinetic abilities.

Quantic Dream Unveils What Lies 'Beyond'

• 135 results
    nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By nickux

@LastNinja said:

@Fire_Marshall_Bill said:

I don;t get the fascination with her. TOO MUCH ELLEN PAGE

This did it for me personally

"Gal reminds me of the highway between Fort Worth and Dallas. No curves." -Foghorn Leghorn

Avatar image for p_pigly_hogswine
    P_Pigly_Hogswine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By P_Pigly_Hogswine

Hopefully the first level doesn't involve doing household chores. I mean, as fun as it is doing virtual dishes, I kinda play games as a break to doing that stuff.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By killacam

hey alex, don't speak for my shaky cam likes and dislikes, k?

RedFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By RedFive

PRESS X TO JUNO

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Tarsier

@MiniPato said:

@Tarsier said:

@emergency said:

@Tarsier said:

more terrible facial animations by quantic dream. including worlds worst actor ellen page.

Funny guy.

ehh, if you thinks thats funny you dont understand acting. the facial animations thing is subjective. but i think quantic dreams facial animations have gotten worse not better. not that theyve ever been good.

I think the facial animations look great. Maybe not better than LA Noire, but certainly up there.

they just make me sick.. like watching a japanese robot. the textures are realistic, but none of the movements are. its gross.

kollay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By kollay

I bet Rorie was all sunshines and rainbows when he saw this.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By theveej

@LastNinja said:

LOL I wonder if PageRape is a feature in sony's SpeedPage tech

Enns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Enns

I just wanted to know what kind of game it was. Dang Alex.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MiniPato

@Tarsier said:

@MiniPato said:

@Tarsier said:

@emergency said:

@Tarsier said:

more terrible facial animations by quantic dream. including worlds worst actor ellen page.

Funny guy.

ehh, if you thinks thats funny you dont understand acting. the facial animations thing is subjective. but i think quantic dreams facial animations have gotten worse not better. not that theyve ever been good.

I think the facial animations look great. Maybe not better than LA Noire, but certainly up there.

they just make me sick.. like watching a japanese robot. the textures are realistic, but none of the movements are. its gross.

Don't be so dramatic. It might look janky in Heavy Rain, but I think they've got it down in this, at least with key characters.

oasisbeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By oasisbeyond

Bushy evybrowns FTW!

primalmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By primalmaster

The whole controlling the ghost sequence, you were talking about. As well as what action you can perform without being able to wander to far from "Ellen Page", Reminds me a lot of the Blackwell games.

jasondesante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62  Edited By jasondesante

being skeptical about soemething groundbreaking isn't new. But claiming to not trust the guy whos writing the story, while also praising the game itself, while also being skeptical at every turn, just seems like bitter jealousy. I am actually excited for this very much, and I respect them to do what they do, I do not have the balls to criticize something this groundbreaking.

Andy_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By Andy_117

@Tarsier said:

@MiniPato said:

@Tarsier said:

@emergency said:

@Tarsier said:

Funny guy.

I half agree. When the faces are in motion, it's great. The lip sync is perfect. ...it's when they stop talking, and have to do idle stuff... it looks like they stuck a mask onto a puppet. I honestly believe, that the further Quantic Dream tries to crawl out of the Uncanny Valley, the further they slip down into it. But - and this is a big but - at least they're trying. I wish they didn't release those "tries" as products, but damn it, they're at least attempting to leap the Valley.

apoloimagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#64  Edited By apoloimagod

LA Noire's technology would've been a great match for this game.

twelve1784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By twelve1784

I'm sure this is fantastic for some people, but when a guy, (Cage) who chronically underdelivers pitches me a game starring an actress that I find grating... I just can't get excited. Which is really too bad. I got a lot of enjoyment out of Omikron even though it was largely broken.

twelve1784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By twelve1784

@jasondesante: Part of the problem, (as I see it), is that their games have often been "groundbreaking" when first pitched and still delivered games with narratives and gameplay that both wound up broken, either a little or a lot depending on who you ask.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Tarsier

@Andy_117 said:

@Tarsier said:

@MiniPato said:

@Tarsier said:

@emergency said:

@Tarsier said:

Funny guy.

I half agree. When the faces are in motion, it's great. The lip sync is perfect. ...it's when they stop talking, and have to do idle stuff... it looks like they stuck a mask onto a puppet. I honestly believe, that the further Quantic Dream tries to crawl out of the Uncanny Valley, the further they slip down into it. But - and this is a big but - at least they're trying. I wish they didn't release those "tries" as products, but damn it, they're at least attempting to leap the Valley.

honestly, i think half life 2 episode 2 has better facial animations than anything these guys have ever attempted. .

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By capthavic

Yup it means that I don't two shits about whatever it is they're working on. I can appreciate them trying something different with Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy and even trying new tech with Heavy Rain, but as games they are just terrible imo. The gameplay is lame and the stories have more holes than swiss cheese. Kudos for at least trying to do something different but different doesn't always mean good.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Aarny91

I'll probably play this.

TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TheChaos

Why does that young boy look so dumb?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#71  Edited By MachoFantastico

I liked Heavy Rain so confident I'll like this, pretty much liked everything QD have done. Indigo Prophecy was fantastic.  

Oh Alex, such a downer :D

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#72  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@capthavic said:

Yup it means that I don't two shits about whatever it is they're working on. I can appreciate them trying something different with Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy and even trying new tech with Heavy Rain, but as games they are just terrible imo. The gameplay is lame and the stories have more holes than swiss cheese. Kudos for at least trying to do something different but different doesn't always mean good.

I think jumping in to say their games aren't 'good' because you value one aspect over another is a bit harsh, games don't need to be perfect at every aspect in order to be classed as good games. Look at games like GTA IV which had a lot of things people disliked about it's mechanics yet I think everyone agrees it was a pretty good game (I had few real issues with it). I played Fahrenheit and really enjoyed myself even with the pretty clunky mechanics throughout, the only big gripe from me is with the 'INTERNET' ending sequence, which was just 'WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!' inducing. Their games aren't about stellar or tight character controls or interactions, they are about all the other stuff and if you are coming to the games for the other stuff then they are amazing games for you, if you can't get past the mechanics and don't think the other stuff is worth while to you then the games definitely are not for you, but that doesn't make them 'bad' overall. Do you think metal gear is bad because it has great mechanics but retarded cut scenes and story/plot?

Just saying, these guys are doing some things in their games that is world class and they should be recognised for it, not shot down cause you don't enjoy pressing X to call Jason :)

sBlacksmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By sBlacksmith

I wish Tommy Wiseau partnered up with Cage and made the most epic game-movie ever.

red720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By red720

I thought these sort of games went out of fashion with CD-Rom add ons. No thanks.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By geirr

@sBlacksmith said:

I wish Tommy Wiseau partnered up with Cage and made the most epic game-movie ever.

I was about to complain about something or other but your excellent and dreamy comment made me forget about it.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I <3 ELLEN.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#77  Edited By evanbower

@killacam said:

hey alex, don't speak for my shaky cam likes and dislikes, k?

Don`t you dare try to hurt him!

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#78  Edited By Dreamfall31

I enjoyed Heavy Rain, but I'll probably only play it that one time. This has some potential, but I'll pick it up after it's a bit cheaper.

Macabros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Macabros

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain a lot, so I´m exited for this. Gameplay might not be the best thing in these games, but I like to see a good interactive story now and then. And there is a lack of that. I would like to see more games like these. Maybe even as episodic content. I don´t know why there seems to be so much hate for it.

myghart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By myghart

Quantic Dreams games haven't been my cup of tea so far. For one, they feel like playing FIFA with a steering wheel. As much effort as they seem to put into their storytelling, I never felt captivated. They're fine to look at, though. They've got that going for them. Guess I just ain't in the target audience.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By korolev

Kinda sick of seeing Page everywhere. Didn't like her character in Inception. Not terribly excited at her being in this game either.

Look, she has a very annoying face. Looks kinda like a cross between a munchkin and an 11 year old school girl. It's just.... something about her face irritates me. She's a perfectly fine actress, and I'm sure she's a nice person in reality, but her face just annoys me. It's too round.

For the record, there are plenty of other actors/actresses faces that annoy me. Sam Worthington's, for instance, I can't stand. I despise Rob Schneider's face as well. Catherine Zeta Jone's face always irritated me too. I just don't like their faces. And I particularly don't like Page's face.

She looks like a 11 year old. She really does. She looks like a child playing an adult, and it's just annoying.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Pezen

I'm extremely sceptical. David Cage and his team has time and time again showed they're in dire needs of someone who can make sure the story makes sense and that there are no huge plot holes. Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain both had their share of major plot holes that made some parts of those games cringe worthy due to how obvious they were. Gameplay wise I have enjoyed the QTE style gameplay they have offered, though still not sold on "driving" your character.

This one seems like, as noted, it's wearing that supernatural element on it's sleeve and even the concept of the game feels a lot more "gamey" than previous titles. When Quantic Dream's games are good, they're quite something, but when they stumble all that good will they created goes out the window because the games feel too well crafted to have such base line issues.

Here's to hoping it turns out well.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Funkydupe

At least they try to do something different than most companies. Ellen Page is okay in my opinion.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#84  Edited By Eyz

So this means we'll have Ellen Page starring as the main character in two PS3 exclusives! (I don't have a problem with that :P)

And NO. It still looks like her in Last of Us, even with the chara design changed!

Avatar image for senor_delicious
    senor_delicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By senor_delicious

WOOO, finally !

Lifeline 2 !

ildon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ildon

OK guys, it's time to put something else on the front page. Having creepy eyed, uncanny valley Ellen Paige staring at me every time I visit the site is getting unsettling.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By hoossy

Alex Navarro

That's not news, that's an editorial piece. I enjoyed reading it, but I really wish you guys would specify the difference on the page somehow.

The GiantBomb community loves the site and its writers for their willingness to say exactly what they think, and I'm no exception, but when commentary is labeled as news, it strips the reader's abilities to discern and form their own opinion.

Either way, I look forward to this new IP. It may turn out to be a rental for me, but I can't say no to Quantic Dream.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TruthTellah

@LastNinja said:

Wow, that was, uh, kind of disturbing. I guess I can see why some might find it sexy, but it's a little too coercive and rape-like for my taste. hm. What an odd scene to be in a movie.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#90  Edited By Hunter5024

I never expected to get Doubt spoilers reading a Beyond preview.

Shaymarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Shaymarx

Nice critique, the games industry needs more of these pieces, more importantly, game consumers need to be paying attention to this method of writing rather than generic reviews designed as promotional material.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

I find all the nitpicks people point out with Heavy Rain super weird. Sure, it wasn't a flawless game, but I thought that it was emotionally resonant as a story and enjoyed my time with it about as much as I might expect from any AAA game. Hopefully, this game can keep up with the promise of no fail-states, as that was my favorite part of Heavy Rain. Just the idea that if stuff goes bad it means something is incredible.

Also, don't speak for me, Alex. I appreciate shaky-cam and anyone who doesn't is a weak-stomached little girl (only joking a tiny bit).

shinluis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By shinluis

Let me guess, it`s going to have great graphics, look really good, feel super cinematic, and also, it's gonna suck. Its story will be craptastic and filled with huge dumb plotholes. How did I go?

Sparky245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Sparky245

I couldn't give two fucks about Ellen Page being in two games, if the games (and characters) are good, then that they shall be.

ShawnS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 41

#95  Edited By ShawnS

Does anyone else find the cop who is first talking to Jodie exceptionally familiar? I know I've seen him as a cop on some TV series, maybe an X-Files episode? I just can't place who he is and it's been bugging me since I first saw the demo.

Shag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Shag

I can't stand Ellen Page!

Avatar image for brewmaster_andy
    Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Brewmaster_Andy

@Hunter5024: Those were not spoilers.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@TruthTellah said:

@LastNinja said:

Wow, that was, uh, kind of disturbing. I guess I can see why some might find it sexy, but it's a little too coercive and rape-like for my taste. hm. What an odd scene to be in a movie.

Whoa. Rape like? That's straight up rape. Weird.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Klei

I remember when they announced Indigo Prophecy on my xbox. I fucking loved the concept, until it turned batshit with Matrix-shit. Heavy Rain took a turn that I did not like either. And now, this. I'm not interested at all. David Cage is like Molyneux to me; unable to deliver on his own twistedly high expectations.

Avatar image for abebrohamlincon
    AbeBroHamLincon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By AbeBroHamLincon

mined powers and looks like crazy action stuff threw me off that being said without the mined powers there's nothing new about game play its still an interactive movie that you will play wile you eat a meal..... your not going to be all over the controller trying to beat the stage of the game your on. that being said i have no problems with this i tend to like games were i dont have to have 100% of my concentration on it or else i die. but i will still be waiting on a solid quick look before i go throwing money at something i will honestly only play threw one time and never touche again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.