Difficulty-what.

#1 Edited by Fallen189 (4940 posts) -

Just got the patch or whatever it was and FINALLY beat rearmed.

But the ENTIRE stage where you need to get across the platforms was removed.

Kinda feel dissapointed...

Also, infinite lives.

#2 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4884 posts) -

Yeah, I was on the final stage forever. Never beat it, until now.

#3 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Wait, they nerfed the difficulty?  That's lame...

#4 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

I believe they only did so for Easy and Normal mode.

#5 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@Fallen189 said:
"Just got the patch or whatever it was and FINALLY beat rearmed.  But the ENTIRE stage where you need to get across the platforms was removed.  Kinda feel dissapointed..."

that sucks. i aced it back when it came out for the "unlockables" in Bionic Commando. turns out they were complete bullshit. i'm goin back again to get the trophies.
#6 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

Whoa, that' weird. I felt great when I finally beat that stage and looked good doing it. That's what great about old games, the satisfaction of beating them.

#7 Posted by SunKing (686 posts) -

I know, it sucks. That part of the level was a total bitch, but that's what games were like back then. They should be calling the game Bionic Commando: Neutered, har har.

#8 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Can anyone confirm they actually took out content from the game?

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Dood...fucking weak!

#10 Posted by SunKing (686 posts) -

Diamond, I can confirm that the bit with the moving platforms on the last level was removed. I had been trying to get past that bit for a little while and then left it. When I came back to the game, I got a message saying that the difficulty had been altered and certain features had been enabled. When I continued my saved game and got past the last level, the moving platforms segment had completely been cut out. (It may still be in there on Hard difficulty, but I was playing on Normal.)

#11 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

How'd they make a patch when they aren't around anymore?

#12 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@SunKing said:
" Diamond, I can confirm that the bit with the moving platforms on the last level was removed. I had been trying to get past that bit for a little while and then left it. When I came back to the game, I got a message saying that the difficulty had been altered and certain features had been enabled. When I continued my saved game and got past the last level, the moving platforms segment had completely been cut out. (It may still be in there on Hard difficulty, but I was playing on Normal.) "
That sucks, well I hope Hard and / or Super Hard are at least untouched.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.