Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

Anyone know of any audio fixes for the PC version?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry guys, I know I made a poll on the Bioshock 2 forum literally 10 minutes ago, but I figured I'd ask this as well, as my internet searches have turned up empty.

Both Bioshock 1 and 2 on PC suffer from atrocious audio issues. I've heard that these problems do stem from the audio engine on both games, but I find it dodgy that these issues still exist. 1 was worse than 2, but not by much. In 1, if you had multiple audio sources going off at once, the game would freak and the audio would begin to stutter, or just straight up mute multiple audio sources (e.g., you would see a splicer shooting with no sound effects). This was fixed for me by enabling RealTek Stereo Mixing in my Recordings tab for the Control Panel, and enabling EAX (or something similar) audio in game.
    Bioshock 2 also has audio issues, similar to the ones above, and the sound mixing is all over the place. Stuff that should be loud is quiet, and quiet stuff is loud. Also fairly sure that shooting splicers aren't actually making gun shooting noises. The fix above doesn't completely resolve the issue, though it does make it better. It doesn't completely kill the experience, but it's still quite irritating, with audio really freaking out during big fights or setpieces.
    Anyone have any thoughts on how I could fix this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.