Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

I got to rank 40 in MP and all I got was this lame cutscene(vid)

witwix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By witwix

If you don't feel like playing 20 hours of multiplayer just to see this video, there's no spoilers, it takes place pre-Bioshock 1, just a little bonus.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rebirth1337

It's pretty lagey for me did it lag for you?

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By L33tfella_H

Yea...The Multiplayer for that game isn't very good.

Now before people say shit like 'Reviewer X or Y said it was good!', do know that i was playing on the PC, where the game crashed about every 15-20 minutes and buttloads of players DC'd on me during matches, when i managed to find some. Even so, the game just isn't 'that' fun (there are neat concepts behind it, but the way it works is way too clunky in it's current form), i'm kinda glad i played so much of it, if only because it'll make me appreciate games like BFBC2 even more (i have it pre-ordered)

In other news, i pushed it to 40, i'm glad i did, and when this game has no one playing it anymore, i'll be glad i got it out of the way.

Brettss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Brettss
    @L33tfella_H: I gotta say I just picked up bioshock and I am really suprised with the multiplayer but it is totally a filler till BFBC2.( I also have pre-ordered)
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ineedaname

That's more than most games.

However I think this is one game where I'd have welcomed a horde mode.

gettodachoppa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gettodachoppa
    @Ineedaname said:
    " That's more than most games.

However I think this is one game where I'd have welcomed a horde mode. "
    Totally agree.  Bioshock horde mode could be incredibly fun, maybe even more so than in Gears or Halo.
    witwix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By witwix

Yeah, definitely a route they could've(should've) taken.  But yeah, take it from L33tfella_h, him and I played about 20 hours of this game over 3 days, and while we had a little fun, I would highly recommend not doing what we did.  There's only one viable weapon choice, the grenade launcher, all the attachments for guns suck, besides the one you get at level 39 for the elephant gun.  There's only one decent plasmid, the last one you get, pretty much you suffer for 20 hours and then feel no sense of accomplishment afterwards.  Also you get a shitty 50 second cutscene.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive

wait how the fuck are you the very first person!? 
    god damn thats impressive good job. 

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Jackel2072

The multiplayer could have been a lot worse IMO. its playable, but nothing thats going to hold my interest for longer then a few days week at the most. I much rather replay the single player again on hard.

witwix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By witwix

Sorry, I didn't realized earlier that I could just embed the video, but now I have :) enjoy

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lemon360
    @Ineedaname said:
    " That's more than most games.  However I think this is one game where I'd have welcomed a horde mode. "
    Yeah, horde woulda worked.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

Dood...that cutscene is sweet. 

Now I HAVE to play this...

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@witwix said:
    " Yeah, definitely a route they could've(should've) taken.  But yeah, take it from L33tfella_h, him and I played about 20 hours of this game over 3 days, and while we had a little fun, I would highly recommend not doing what we did.  There's only one viable weapon choice, the grenade launcher, all the attachments for guns suck, besides the one you get at level 39 for the elephant gun.  There's only one decent plasmid, the last one you get, pretty much you suffer for 20 hours and then feel no sense of accomplishment afterwards.  Also you get a shitty 50 second cutscene. "
    Now son, that's just plain ignorant. I've been topping the score boards with just a Machine Gun and Incinerate!. Now sure, I carry the Grenade Launcher as a secondary, but I rarely use it unless I'm fighting a group or a Big Daddy. It also helps to finish off runners.

Insect Swarm is just a shitty version of Incinerate! that blinds people.

If you are using only the Grenade Launcher and Insect Swarm you are going to be terribly ineffective in the field. The Rocket Launcher is horrible at short range and only moderately effective at  medium, and even then you probably only going to get kills against people who don't pay attention and get the fuck out of the way. The fire rate is horrible, it only has three shots until you have to reload. The heat seeking attachment might help you a little, but all that really does is take away your splash damage potential in exchange for range.

You are either really lucky or playing against cannon fodder.
    witwix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By witwix
    @LordXavierBritish:  My KDR's 2.8, I do well no matter who I play, and I mainly use the elephant gun + damage bonus anyway, but for defense(I usually play ADAM Grab) the grenade launcher's as good as it gets.  If you think any gun even remotely compares, you're just plain wrong.  This game just isn't good, they didn't think it through when they made the guns, and that grenade launcher is the result.
    Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Shinri

Considering that most multiplayer modes give you jackshit for reaching the top rank, I'd say this is actually a pretty good reward.
    witwix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By witwix

Yeah I guess 50 gamerscore and a cutscene aren't bad compared to some games.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By immike

Hmm, not to flame, but what were u expecting exactly? Not many similar experience-type games really reward beyond additional equipment on the last level. I'm surprised they put something at the end tbh.  

P.S. I didn't watch it cause I didn't want it spoiled.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xyzygy

Actually, after playing the first game I thought that was a pretty cool video.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.