Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blackguards

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 22, 2014

A turn-based strategy RPG from Daedalic Entertainment.

You really should take a look at this turn based RPG.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Today was the first time I found out about the game and was immediately interested. So I looked up some Let's plays of this really unknown tactical turn Based RPG that is now on Early Access on Steam. Now 5 hours after playing the game so far I must say it is really really good.. It is from Daedalic Entertainment which are better known for their Point and Click Adventure games.

This is their first try to make an RPG and I must say they did a really really good job so far. Of course production wise (Graphics voice acting etc) it has no chance against bigger RPGs but where it really stands out so far is the Turn based Combat which reminds me a bit of Final fantasy tactics meets X-Com but with a western philosophy behind it. And on many battlefields there is also often something you can interact with. Like burnable crates, grease you could set on fire and so on which makes it also more tactical.

And since this is based on a "famous" Roleplay license (I think it is called The Dark Eye in English (Das Schwarze Auge) the customization of your 3 main classes (Warrior, Mage, Hunter) is pretty complex as well. Story wise I am not that far but the game which first 3 Chapters are available right now promises to last at least 40 hours. You also can choose sometimes between different battlefield which will grant you different items and other rewards. I have not encountered any serious choices for the story but I heard there will be some heavy choices but who knows^^

Right now it costs 24 Euro so I guess it will be something like 25$ in the US which is heavily discounted since the actual release version which comes out in January will be 40 Euro (40$?). So If you are interested now is the best time. If you are interested here is the Let's play I watched and which made me buying this game:

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Nice, thanks! :) How's the story and atmosphere till now?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.