Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blacklight Retribution

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 02, 2012

Blacklight: Retribution is a free to play first person shooter for the PC and PS4 developed by Zombie Studios.

Reminder: Blacklight Retribution is out on PS4 too!

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By psylah

I had trouble finding Blacklight Retribution on PSN, but it's there, hidden away underneath the digital-only games.

It looks old as hell, and is trademark-unreal pop-in at its best, but it's a decent CoD clone.

Oh yeah, and it's free-to-play.

bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was wondering if it was any good. I kinda liked the first one. And what the hell, it's free right?

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I might look into it once this 45gig 2k14 install finishes.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Off Topic: Quick Question to anyway that has a ps4.

So even if someone buys a disk of a Video Game, does it have to go through a huge install to play it?

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bslayer: It's very, very mediocre. But you can't go wrong with free!

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very mediocre indeed.

It would be a lot better if the connections were better. Host advantage is obscene.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: No, not really. There is a bar that shows up under the game on the XMB, but it usually lets you start playing within a minute.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By falserelic

@psylah said:

@falserelic: No, not really. There is a bar that shows up under the game on the XMB, but it usually lets you start playing within a minute.

thanks, that's cool to hear. At the moment I'm debating whether to get the ps4 or Xbone first. It feels like they both have the same features. I can't seem to decide which to combat first.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By mrcraggle

I rather enjoyed my time with the game back in 2012 but stopped playing in favour of Planetside 2 then eventually Warframe. I couldn't put up with just how janky Blacklight seemed in comparison. Maybe it has improved since but the limited map rotation, bugs and hacking quickly ruined that game when I was playing it. The weapon configuration is really awesome but to really get what you wanted required a heck of a time investment and grinding. You could unlock a weapon at level 15 for example but still be unlocking parts for it 100 hours later or just dump some cash in and get it right away and completely remove a lot of the challenge as a lot of later upgrades for weapons add elemental effects and damage.

sublime90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i started playing it today and have noticed that theres only around 10 players ever! its a fun free to play but ive played the same 3 maps about 50 times now plus i cant really justify buying the z coins to unlock weapons when theres hardly anyone on.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrfluke

its a good test case to try out how a 30fps cod style shooter works on vita remote play.

works fairly well.

jacksonroye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lamarrsanomaly: I've seen some hitches in framerate, but it usually seems to happen if the host has a shitty connection. Wish they had dedicated servers for this game. I like the game, I just wish it was easier to get into a game. Sometimes during the day I can't find a game at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.