Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blade Symphony

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released May 07, 2014

Blade Symphony is a third person sword fighting game. Evoking some of the ideals of Jedi Academy multiplayer it is all about the one on one duels.

Steam Sale Sleeper - Blade Symphony Early Access for $7.50

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By frankxiv

I was looking for games under $10 to blow my Steam Trading Card wallet funds on, and happened across this game. Decided to pick it up just based on the trailer on it's Store page, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised with it and thought I'd give you guys a heads up while the sale is still going.

Basically it's a 3rd person sword fighting game from the makers of Dystopia. It's got a neat community of helpful folks around already that can help you get started, from what I've seen so far quite a few people use voice, and there are no egos or attitudes, just people looking to have a good time dueling.

The 3 characters all have really unique playstyles, and the 5 sword types offer different pros and cons, with lots of cosmetic stuff to unlock as you play. Only cosmetic though, long time players won't have any kind of advantage over you other than experience. I was able to beat a player ranked about 3000 places higher than me tonight, on only my second night playing :3

I think it's currently in beta, not sure how far along though, Longswords were just added recently, and a 4th character is being worked on as well. Things I can recommend if you pick it up are to turn on lag compensation in the options if you're having trouble, it removes a lot of the "floaty" feeling you can get sometimes.

If anyone is interested, here's the steam store page - http://store.steampowered.com/app/225600/

If you'd rather see instead of read, here's a cool video I found of someone just dueling a bunch.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

kind of reminds me of bushido blade for whatever reason. that's good, i guess! i don't think i can run this but there is only one question on my mind: are there laser swords?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Doesn't look as fun as Mount and Blade, Jedi Academy, or Bushido Blade. I'll keep an eye on it though, thanks.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Picked it up thanks to this thread, seems pretty cool so far.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By frankxiv

@ajayraz said:

kind of reminds me of bushido blade for whatever reason. that's good, i guess! i don't think i can run this but there is only one question on my mind: are there laser swords?

apparently there is a bushido mode you can access through the console, which i think is 1 hit kills. also a kendo mode with a scoring system? i dunno too much about it.

but no, no laser swords... yet.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks awesome.

stri26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Definitely looks interesting. I was hugely into Bushido Blade and Jedi Outcast (I think, on MSN games?) saber duels. This seems a little bit faster/less organized than those two. Will definitely have to check out more videos before sale is over.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

17 hours to go!

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.