Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

The third main installment of the BlazBlue series of fighting games, featuring revised gameplay systems (including a new "Overdrive" system), refined character sprites, and a re-arranged metal soundtrack.

Here Comes a New Character!

Xomero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xomero
    No Caption Provided

So as of yesterday! (Today being October 18, 2012) Mu-12 and Nu-13 were announced to return to the game. And of course this is what was mentioned for the both of them. Story spoiler was removed from the quote.

- Both Nu-13 and Mu-12 are playable
    - Mu’s Overdrive is Steins Gazer (Geyser?), it makes her lasers faster
    - Her AH got new animation
    - Nu’s Overdrive is Unlimited Drive, which increases the amount of swords summoned (like in her Unlimited version?)
    - New move, Supra Rage. Nu does a backflip and strikes with her legs, making this a good anti-air move that also gives her some distance.
    - No new info about the loketests.

Source (fair warning: contains a story spoiler)

Then of course we still have Amane, Azreal, and Bullet who are joining the cast.

What's everyone's thoughts? Anyone changing mains or thinking to try out new/old characters?

I hear some people are ready to drop P4A for that robot goodness :P And others want that "broke piece of crap" complete nerfed from her CT days.

But in reading Nu's overdrive I can't help but feel she might just retain her top tier crown. Who knows maybe even Rachel and Arakune will fight for it as will.

-Here Comes a New Challenger- Iron Tager for Top Tier!

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mwng
    @Xomero: Thanks for the infos!

I wonder if this'll hit Europe before P4A...

Glad to finally see Nu/Mu announced, was getting worried. I imagine Nu will end up playing the same as Lambda did, so no danger of her crapping on Tager like she did in CT, though that was mainly down to Tager changes in CS.

Not particularly amazed by any of the new duders, should be fun watching them mix up the online a bit more though, plus maybe they'll have good themes! I'll probably be sticking to Tao, as I can vaguely remember which buttons do what.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

I'm actually kind of sick of these robotic female characters that they have in every BB game. I prefer more original characters like Hazama and Valkenheyn.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By neurotic

Ah-ha! I can actually play this game now. I was not willing to learn a new character.

@xyzygy said:

I'm actually kind of sick of these robotic female characters that they have in every BB game. I prefer more original characters like Hazama and Valkenheyn.

Yeah cos slimy, eyes-always-closed guys and butlers are real original. They've been in previous games, why shouldn't they return?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Pazy

Im glad they are returning, me and my friends like to play the Blazblue games a lot but out of the 4 of us one plays Nu and another plays Mu which meant Chronophantasma was worthless up until now.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SuperWristBands

What about Lambda? I'm assuming Nu is not the Unlimited version of Lambda?

They kinda bummed me out when they changed how Lambda played in the second game. That's where I stopped playing the game. I feel like giving the series another go though.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By DocHaus

@SuperWristBands said:

What about Lambda? I'm assuming Nu is not the Unlimited version of Lambda?

Story-wise, Lambda sacrificed herself to save Ragna so there's no reason to keep her around, but in the epilogue of Continuum Shift Hazama and Relius recovered Nu-13 from the Cauldron for the next part of their evil plan to be named later. Lambda and Nu played the exact same so there's not much of a reason to keep both in outside of palette swaps.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThunderSlash

Awww no playable Kokonoe yet.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By ZombiePie

Oh fuck me...the fan art for the one on the left is just going to fantastic to monitor and moderate!

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By ftomato

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.