Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 20, 2009

The second main installment of the BlazBlue series of fighting games, continuing Ragna's tale of manipulated time while revamping some of the original game's gameplay systems.

BlazBlue:CS XBL fight night thread.

• 103 results
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By DocHaus

For those of you who prefer (or, like me, are stuck with) the XBOX 360 version of this game and want to play with some fellow duders from Giant Bomb, well guess what? I'm thinking of setting up a night for fighting. Probably won't be this weekend, as everyone is doing their thing for and potentially recovering from New Years festivities. But dammit if ESERVER can have a PSN fight night thread then someone needs to represent the XBL crew. Just like the PS3 version, the rooms can hold a maximum of 6 people at a time, but people of all skill levels from newbie to expert (hey, I'm nowhere near the best player either) can duke it out online.

Make a post in this thread or send a PM to me if you are interested in a XBL fight night for BBCS, or send a message to the gamertag Kleptobot over XBL and pester me there. If there's anyone else who wants to host a room for people to join in the meantime, let me know or reply in this thread as well. Otherwise, I will try to host a few games and let you guys know when I can find some free time to do so in this OP.

For now, here's some manly music to get you pumped up.

CURRENT STATUS: Offline

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

Hehe, I wish the XBL Fight Night luck in their future endeavors! I hope yall are successful and have some good fights. Would be neat to see some recorded footage of yalls festivities as well. 

Have fun!

Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Ghost249

same wish you guys good luck <(^^)7 if only cross platform play existed XD

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vade

Sure, I'm in. That is, if you don't mind the EU-US lag. My favorite picks (Makoto, Carl) will be mutilated by the delay, but I don't give a damn :P

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mwng

I'll try and get in on this, crazy busy at the moment.

In the EU here so I might be a little laggy which is lame, but I'm willing to give my crappy kaka a shot.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwilitEnd656

I'm up for matches against Giantbombers. I need practice with my new stick (I can't execute distortions as quickly as I'd like!).

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

I'm a Street Fighter player, but I'll sign up for this thing.  Would love to get better at the game.  I did have the GB BlazBlue gamertag on my list, but I took it off cause I needed room at the time.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DocHaus

Good to see some folks here, even if we are split on the whole annoying time zone issue. Don't forget to ask mwng about the GB Blazblue gamertag if you haven't already checked that one out.

Would you guys prefer a weekday or weekend time? Also, on another note I might sneak a couple of matches in later depending on how wiped out I am at time of writing this. If you see "Kleptobot" active on XBL then you can pester me or I can invite you into a dark room or something.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mwng
    @DocHaus: Being in the UK, your fight night is probably a fight morning to me. Plus my net sucks, but I'd like to test it out anyway. Just update the thread when is convenient for you and I'll check back every now and again to see when the room is up!
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DocHaus

For those reading this, mwng is currently hosting an impromptu online fight night. Send a message to mwngy over XBL and if there's still room he can probably squeeze you in for a match or two. I played a few rounds but had to leave early due to my TV being commandeered for NFL playoffs watching.

If I can figure out how to upload some replays later I will do that as well.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mwng

In the end we had sameoldstuff, DocHaus and some friends of friends join. Ass kickings were had and I lagged like a beast. I think Doc's Valkenhayn took the night, must've been a full moon or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7752ce5b3c2
    deactivated-5a7752ce5b3c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good matches duders!

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mwng
    @sameoldstuff: Curse you and your betterness! Again, sorry about the lag, pretty sure it's just me causing it. Shame I can only save my own replays as there were a lot of other awsome fights. Oh well, least I can only get better. 

My favorite match of the evening has to be this one! COUNTAH COUNTAH COUNTAH COUNTAH!

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TwilitEnd656

... I got on at the last match. D=

Oh well, there's always next time.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mwng
    @TwilitEnd656: Ack, sorry. I'll probably be on tonight around 11 p.m. GMT (whatever that is in your timezone) if you want a couple of player matches.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mwng:  Don't worry about it. The night was still rather good!
    Also, what do you use to record your footage from your 360 to PC?
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mwng
    @sameoldstuff: 
    I use the cheapest method which is a Dazzle capture device that attaches to the PC via USB. Means it looks like crap as I have to feed the Xbox out to it via the composite cable. One other problem with it is it only records in 50 hz (I dunno if this is just a Europe thing) but I have to use another program called AMCap to trick it into recording at 60 hz which is BlazBlues native speed. There's youtube tutorials on setting it all up.

Things I use:
    Dazzle DVD recorder
    3 x AV Splitter
    Composite cable
    Tutorial on how to set it up
    Tutorial on how to use AMCap to get 60 hz (if you need to)

If you've got loads of cash and want to record in HD I suggest just getting a Hauppauge PVR
    TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TwilitEnd656

I had an interest in recording stuff myself, but then I realized I couldn't do it since all my consoles are way too far from the computer. Hell, I have a 40ft ethernet cable to get to the computer room.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mwng

It's pretty easy for me as I use my TV for both my Xbox and PC, so I can get trolled by Hazama on the Xbox, flick it to the PC and whine about it here.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DocHaus

Bump to ask for any new news. Also that I'm tempted to just use the shitty old-fashioned webcam-looking-at-TV trick to get some replays down from the previous session.

Sorry I haven't been able to establish any new times. Lets just say that recent events IRL have made it difficult. That, and the whole time zone issue, but mostly personal stuff. One idea I had kicking around was to do a game day on a Saturday morning (or afternoon for those across the pond). How would that sound to you folks?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mwng
    @DocHaus: Would be fine with me.
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Ace829

Saturdays sound very good to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also fine with Saturdays.

Avatar image for chickengeorgewashington
    chickengeorgewashington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

While I'm not really an Arcsys player, I wouldn't be opposed to joining you fellows once or twice!

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mwng
    @chickengeorgewashington: Might even get a few games in now, I'll add you to the community tag if you're not  vehemently opposed to it.
    Avatar image for chickengeorgewashington
    chickengeorgewashington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Nah, go ahead and add me.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mwng

I GOT DESTROYED! 

REPEATEDLY! 

By Samoldstuff's Makoto/Noel and Vade's Makoto/Carl, all fun matches though, and was pretty amusing watching people who knew actual combos have at it while I wasn't lagging the game somewhat awful. Also, many many astrals...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't claim my ability with Makoto to be any good, especially when Vade was there showing how it's done. I'd take him choosing Makoto over Carl any day though, I hate that kid!

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vade

My Makoto has some serious combos in her arsenal, though I didn't hit that many of them :P
    Both of you were blocking very well so I had to be creative with my mixups and ended up choking on some combo opportunities.

With Carl it isn't so hard, the doll messes up your mind. Online Carl is close to unblockable, even if you know the tricks.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Sounds like a mighty good time.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mwng

Not for Tao it wasn't!

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DocHaus

My webcam is apparently too old and broken to take decent shots, so no replays until I have the time/money/inclination to upload them another way. Those of you who do have it, though, are encouraged to take down some replays if there's another fight night. Like tonight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'll be around for a few hours tonight. Anyone else in?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DocHaus

Your concept of night is a bit different from mine (time zone differences and all), but I may be able to get a few rounds in. Look for Kleptobot from the community tag and pester me with a message if I show up online.

UPDATE: THERE IS A ROOM NOW. Shoot me a message.

UPDATE x2: I got hit with an Astral Heat in a Tager mirror match. I no longer deserve to play this game.

UPDATE x3: XBOX commandeered for movie purposes, so I can't play right now, but sameoldstuff might still be hosting a room.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mwng

Yo, sorry I've not been on in a while; my internet connection has turned from annoyingly laggy to unplayable, so I likely won't be back on until it gets sorted (whenever BT decide to). Hope everyone is still playing each other! And I'll continue to keep the community tag up to date, assuming everyone hasn't lost interest yet.

You should also check out the new Skullgirls QL EX up on the main page right now. Anything from Mike Z is bound to be great fun, after watching him play his godly Tager on the BBvlog.

Hopefully transmission will resume in time for Platinum and the BB:CS 2 balance patch "at some point this year"!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll likely be online Friday evening/night if anyone else is up for a few matches? I could do with testing out my connection when it comes to hosting too, but I can't promise it will be all that good.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mwng
    @TwilitEnd656:@sameoldstuff: @chickengeorgewashington:@DocHaus:

Right, the man from BT seems to think I shouldn't be having anymore disconnection issues. So I'd like to propose some kind of melee on Thursday the 31st at 9 p.m. new improved BST!

If anyone is still around and interested in fighting a very scrubby/very out of practice/potentially very laggy Tao, I'll be practicing the 3 BnB combos I know in training mode until someone volunteers to destroy me!
    TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TwilitEnd656
    @mwng: 
     Hm... 9 PM. That would be around... 5-6 PM US Central? I don't work then, so I can make it.
    Also, what with being preoccupied with Yakuza 4 and trying to get better at Marvel vs Capcom 3, I'll be plenty out of practice. Though it sounds like that won't be entirely unwelcome.
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DocHaus
    @TwilitEnd656: Actually, if my calculations are correct BST and CST are about 6 hours apart. In my case (east coast) it would be about 4 PM, or 3 PM in your time zone.

Speaking of which, @mwng: I will do my best to make it if you are guys are willing to play a few rounds, but I make no promises. Real life takes precedence, after all.
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mwng

I'll hang around for most of the evening anyway. So any time after then is fine too. No worries if you can't attend last minute.

Edit: In other super news, an affordable HD cap card comes out next month! Meaning I'll try and upload any good replays from Thursday using it! (so you best let me astral you to test it...)

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Sooo.... I came home from work yesterday, and turned on the TV to see how bad I've gotten at Blazblue. It's busted! Inner rage ensued.
     In short, I won't make it today.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mwng
    @TwilitEnd656: Aww too bad, I'll try and make them a little more frequent from now on, so hopefully you'll not miss out on the next one!

As for the evening, DocHaus popped on for about an hour to show me what a gadget finger looked like, pretty much perfecting me in one of our games :(. Was very entertaining watching sameoldstuff and him fight to the death though, AT LEAST 2/3 PEOPLE PLAYING KNEW COMBOS!

Shame that it was really laggy, apologies as it was likely my fault. But it died down a little later into the evening allowing sameoldstuff to astral me for the rest of the evening quite comfortably.

Anyway! I'll upload some of MY FAVORITE MATCHES (I can't remember if I even won any) next week when I get my new card, so they'll look less crap. So in the mean time, same time next week anyone?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mwng: THE WHITE VOID FEARS NO ASTRAL ATTEMPT! ;P
    I'm good for next Thursday, but it might be worth doing on another day incase people are getting in on the TNT.
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mwng
    @sameoldstuff: That video is so going up, you troll, you.

Thursday is the only day I can really ensure being here, but if enough people are around for another day I'll see what I can do!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah that's fair enough if you can only really do Thursdays. We could probably get away with starting before the TNT starts with the time differences. Let's see how it shapes up next week anyway!

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mwng

Just to remind, IF YOU WISH TO KICK MY ASS AGAIN I WILL BE ON SAME TIME TOMORROW!

Also, should have the new cap card up and running by then, so matches will look a little nicer when I plop then on youtube to post in here whining about how I got astralled.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By JJOR64
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mwng
    @JJOR64: Why I 'outta! I know what you mean though, ranked mode matches you with tumbleweeds.
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DocHaus

Don't know if I'll be able to make it tomorrow. We'll see.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll definitely be around tomorrow. See you then guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.