Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

DLC and Imminent sequel: Things you'd like to see

Avatar image for melt_banana_man
    melt_banana_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What would you guys like to see from future Bloodborne content and sequel(s)?

I had the thought of parry gauntlets. Basically your gloves/gauntlets can become mini shields that deflect bullets, possibly even back at the enemy as a counter. For PVP absurdity just add a volley function in there so the players can tennis match quicksilver bullets! Too far?

It seems like something better suited for theory rather than practice but I just thought having a ranged parry on top of physical could make the game even more frenetic. Plenty of room for boss potential too.

This may have already been discussed before, I'm sure it's not super original but I just thought it might be an interesting implementation.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More whip weapons!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
    deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like a wider variation of areas, and an honest attempt at a great, epic story. I know there are some awesome things if you look deep enough with Bloodborne, but I don't like having to dig into tons of minute details to experience a story.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For from software to actually try something different/new ;)

fernambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree maybe a less hidden story would be nice. A story on the doll would be nice if there is more there.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

More content that isn't so samey. I really don't want to be fighting any more beasts. Also, this DLC preferably has nothing to do with chalice dungeons.

Do you play these games and have an active interest in seeing From progress forward or do you just sit from the sidelines and complain about the games and the fanbase every chance you get?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claybrez: i was (mostly) being facetious, but thanks for the snide remark. Honestly, they do what they do well but they don't seem to stray far out of their comfort zone; would like to see them try a different genre or shake up their formula more. Now try not to be so defensive in the future.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

More weird weapons and strange locations.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Lukeweizer

More variety in playstyle. I kind of fell off the game after my fist playthrough.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

better incentive to do co op, whether it be a faction that rewards being summoned or whatever

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're going to tamper with playstyles, it'd require free DLC for new weaponry. I can't see From budging from that.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it's a significant amount of content and great new areas / bosses!

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@ripelivejam said:

@claybrez: i was (mostly) being facetious, but thanks for the snide remark. Honestly, they do what they do well but they don't seem to stray far out of their comfort zone; would like to see them try a different genre or shake up their formula more. Now try not to be so defensive in the future.

I felt I was seeing you spout negativity in Souls threads very often and I was starting to think you're just going out of your way to do so. If it was just meant in jest, then I apologize. It can be hard to separate actual malice from playful remarks on the internet sometimes. I also hope From doesn't pigeonhole themselves as the Souls company either. It's always good to embrace new ideas, because you never know when your hot fad will turn into the next cliche. And I'll admit, Souls games are getting a little predictable as of late.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want more bloodborne.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A new area that's vastly different from anything else in bloodborne. More weapons and bosses. Make it so any dlc isn't missable in a play through like it was in dark souls (don't think sony would allow that, but who knows.) And no chalice dungeon shit.

AngryHobo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More variety in how characters can be built. If the next game has the customization of Dark Souls 2 with the tight controls of Bloodborne and the wonder of Dark Souls 1 I would be happy. As far as new content, I'm not sure. Maybe switching up the controls and multiplayer functions. I don't need everything to be different so long as there is a new flow to the combat and exploration that requires me to relearn how to play.

Napstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An actual PvP arena like in DS II.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MikeFerrari7: That's not likely to happen, From's "Souls" games are all about digging deep to piece together the lore.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

honestly this tho. bloodborne felt *more* restrictive in some ways than the souls games did before it. i'd like to see them branch out instead of constantly refining.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@jrm: Yeah. Also if you read interviews from the lead guy it's basically how he learned to write fantasy. Being Japanese and reading English fiction he only kind of understood.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I just got to Rom, but I hope the DLC is fun.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Even more crazy cosmic horror stuff and truly weird locations. I loved the Nightmare Frontier and Ya'ghul, areas that felt truly alien and incomprehensible at first. No more chalice dungeons. I think everyone can agree that they were an interesting experiment, but they're not worth iterating on.

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

More crazy weapons...and Please let us buy Blood Chunks and Blood Rocks. I want to try some of the other weapons in NG+++ but you can only get one Blood Rock per playthrough. Lame!

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

@phoenix778m:Don't know if you know, but you can buy blood chunks from the insight shop now (though they're expensive).

Coming off of just playing Demon's Souls for the first time (as covered here ), I'd like to see a little bit more in terms of optional NPC quests and a bit more in terms of zones with more exploring to do. More trick weapons would be nice of course. Dual-wielding swords or gauntlets would be great.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ivdamke

From DLC? Expanded beasthood and just more content really.

From a sequal? I'd like them to drop the similarities to Souls, yes that does mean 80% of the game. For me it's far to similar to the Souls games, it needs to break out and differentiate it itself from being an ARPG. As it stands it's essentially Souls 'lite' where a buttload of systems are streamlined and or removed entirely which ended up making it far less of a game to me. I'd like to see them totally abandon the concept of the RPG systems and really double down on the speeding up of the combat they did to the point where they're essentially making a more grounded but still fantastical Devil May Cry or Bayonetta. I feel like if they could get a character action combat system down and still retain their masterful level design and enemy design we'd be in for something really special.

This is way to much to ask though and it will never happen but as it stands it looks like there will be interchanging development between the Souls games and Bloodborne if the Dark Souls 3 rumours are true. As much as I love these games I think i'd burn out pretty quickly if they start annualizing or staggering their releases a year to two years from each other. If Bloodborne was significantly different on a game mechanics level it would be much easier to stomach.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.