Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BloodRayne: Betrayal

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

A downloadable 2D sidescrolling entry in the 'BloodRayne' series developed by WayForward.

Gameplay impressions

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Oni

I bought this right away because it looked great in the quick look. Reminded me to always play the trial first.

First off, it looks great. Animation's good, everything is very bold-looking, I like the style. Like the music as well, but that depends on your taste for Castlevania-esque gothic power metal.

Problems: High-ass animation priority. Canceling out of stuff, say to dash? Forget it. If you're in the middle of a combo and an enemy is shooting at you, odds are you'll try to dash and fail. Controls just feel laggy and unresponsive, which is a massive problem. Jumping also feels laggy. I got to like the fourth level, where you have to jump up a bunch of spiky platforms, only some of them seem too high to reach and jumping against the sides of the spikes hurts you and knocks you back, which is really weird and frustrating. I'd recommend giving the trial a go, but at 1200 points, right now I'd say give it a miss.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grissefar

Having seen the QL and the IGN review, I downloaded the demo expecting to buy it afterwards, but the game was so awkward. What's with the wierd Rayne in the main menu? Did Dick from programming whip that up in the last minute? And what's with the animations? If you jump in the air and attack, it takes almost a whole second before she whips out the weapon. And what's with the combo system? There's no rhyme or reason, just a bunch of attacks you can try to pull off, if you have the luck to do so. And what's with the jumping? So awkward to run the other way and jump, and if you have to change directions you have to wait patiently till her sliding animation stops. And what's with the jumping on the heads? It doesn't tell you to down and attack, it just tells you to jump on the heads! Thankfully Tom only gave this piece of shit 5.5.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.