Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bluepoint Games

Company »

Bluepoint Games is best known for their remakes of Shadow of the Colossus and Demon's Souls, but they have also developed original games. The studio was acquired by Sony in 2021.

What do you think their next Project will be?

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm curious on what you Duders think could be Bluepoint's next project. Their last project ,Shadow of the Colossus (PS4), was fantastic and I eagerly await what they do next. I imagine whatever it is it'll most likely be announced during E3. But I figured it'd be fun to speculate with my fellow Duders about what it could be since we already have a little bit of info to work with.

What we know so far.

1. It is a remaster similar to what they produced with the Shadow of Colossus (PS4)

2. It is a project of larger scope than Shadow of Colossus (PS4).

The obvious answer is an ICO remaster, but is it really larger in scope then Shadow of the Colossus? What do you guys think?

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

The Last Guardian remastered

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would've guessed an inFamous 1+2 remaster which is probably Sony's biggest remaining PS3 exclusive that hasn't been bought to PS4. Those games are certainly bigger is size than Shadow of the Colossus but they would likely get the treatment more like the Uncharted collection rather than the full remake that Shadow got.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Shindig

Remaster Me.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoOzak

Could be GOW 1&2 or MGS 2&3 if they're going to do what they did with SOTC and build on previous projects. Personally i'd rather they worked on something they hadnt already brought to HD since i'm not that fussy about fancy lighting and more realistic textures. I just want a higher res version with some AA. MGS1 would be great but it isnt larger in scale than SOTC.

mattchops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: I would love a remastered MGS right about now

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Konami would have to sign off on MGS. They won't.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jak and Daxter? I'd go for that

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#11  Edited By MightyDuck

Please be a Socom remaster with multiplayer???

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

It has to be a Sony game, it has to hold up gameplay-wise, and it has to be viable in today's market and I can only come up with 1 game. I don't think it's any of the platformers, there just isn't appetite for those games like Crash, which was a real throwback. Can't be God of War, the new was almost here. Can't be Killzone or Socom, the shooter market is too competitive. Can't be Gran Turisimo, the new one's out. inFamous? Na, no one cares that much. Resistance? No.

I think it has to be Demon's Souls. The game's now offline, it's a good exclusive, and ppl will go apeshit.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TIE Fighter

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I imagine it'll be another proprietary Sony property. A lot of people seem to want an MGS remake but I'd probably react to that the way some people reacted to the changes made to the Shadow of the Colossus remake. Unless they're going to make a completely different game like the Ratchet remake or to an extent, Twin Snakes and the REmake, I'm generally against completely changing the presentation of texts to be more in line with modern standards.

I think the Demon's Souls guess is pretty spot on. It's niche, it has a massive cult following, it's part of the broader Souls phenomenon and they just shut the servers down. I'll throw my hat in the ring for an RE4 remake, because that's the only other game with that combination of sales success and enduring reverence from the community.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Demon's Souls sounds likely, too. Though it's a weird one because the controls and stuff have been improved so much since then in the franchise. It's not like SotC, which never spawned a big series of games. I wonder how much they'd see fit to change.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demon's Souls has been rumoured for long enough they could probably be doing it.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mikewhy

DF Retro had them on discussing their SOTC remake and I thought they teased what they were working on in it? Maybe I'm misremembering it.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@redhotchilimist: Considering that they revamped the control scheme for SotC, I don't see why they wouldn't modernize Demon's to fall in line with the more recent games in the franchise. Though personally I don't really mind either way. DeS plays just fine as it is. And it's teeeechnically not a Dark Souls game, so a remake doesn't have to adhere to the same guidelines and standards.

I'd be pretty happy if that ends up being the project they are working on. I think a lot of fans of Souls games have this as their last unfinished one because of how many went through a 360>PS4 transition and never wanted to buy or borrow a Ps3 just for one game.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

demon souls makes the most sense really

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Demon's Souls remade in the Dark Souls 3 engine would be pretty cool. I haven't played the game, but I imagine that combat engine would be a good fit.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By TheChris

Hopefully Demon's Souls.

Personally, I would also like to see a more faithful, and actually well done, remaster of Silent Hill 2.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By glots

Give me a remastered Soul Reaver while I wait for the next Darksiders.

I don't care about Demon's Souls, but I guess I'd also give that my vote, if only because that's a bigger project than SOTC. Otherwise, maybe the whole MSG trilogy, since just the first Metal Gear Solid doesn't seem like it'd be bigger in scale...or I guess that depends on in what sense will it be a bigger project than Colossus. Guess we'll find out at E3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.