Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blur

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 25, 2010

Bizarre Creations' Blur mixes the driving of the Project Gotham Racing series with explosive weaponry and allows players to race up to 20 online opponents.

Beta over?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

Just downloaded the blur beta off live and I can't connect to any games - it just starts me off in an empty lobby. Are the servers down and I'm too late? I originally wrote this game off and was highly anticipating Split/Second instead (I loved Pure but ATV racing isn't my thing - it seemed like a return to Burnout 3 levels of awesome), but as time went on, the videos for blur started to look more and more promising and the handling in the Split/Second demo I found to be waaaaaaay too forgiving (only direct crashes or power plays would wreck you, drifiting at full speed side on against a wall didn't do anything but scratch the paintwork and that bugged me). Wanted to see if the demo for this game could convince me that I'd been betting on the wrong horse all along.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By trace

The Blur servers appear to still be alive and kicking. I fired up the beta, and I can see just over 3,000 people racing over the various playlists. I also managed to connect to a race -- albeit a small one -- and complete a race with no problems.

Might just be some sort of connection issue on your end, or problems connecting to certain people in the public lobbies. I've occasionally had issues connecting to certain lobbies where I'd then end up by myself in a new lobby.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vitor

Might try out another mulitplayer game on live to see if my connections fine - Uncharted 2 coop works fine on my PS3 and my university connection is super fast so hopefully that's not an issue. The Reach beta is out today and I bought a copy of ODST (again) second hand for just that reason....

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By RobbieMac

I went to play the demo/beta again today but I kept getting disconnected from live.  Then once I went to dashboard I would instantly reconnect.  So I guess I am just going to wait until the 25th to play again.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By trace
    @RobbieMac said:
    " I went to play the demo/beta again today but I kept getting disconnected from live.  Then once I went to dashboard I would instantly reconnect.  So I guess I am just going to wait until the 25th to play again. "
    Yeah, the beta actually did end about five days ago on the 10th. They're probably switching servers over to handle the final product now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.