Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Golden Key Chest Results?

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By ki11tank

In an effort to maximize my loots I'm curious as to what you guys have gotten without hacks and cheats etc...

I've used 5 keys and have gotten 4 sets of pistols and 1 useless class mod I can't even use. I'm playing an assassin and am wondering if that has anything to do with me getting so many pistols. I've looked around but no one really has any detailed info on chest drops. Hard to believe it's random getting that many pistols. Maybe some more data will show a bias for classes etc?

Having a hell of a time getting a good rifle, sniper rifle or shotgun... seems pistols and smgs galore.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

I effed up and used my only key way too early. I got a purple repeater which is decent. I wish I saved my key though. How did you get so many keys?

Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Synaptic

You can get any weapon type. Launchers seem more rare, I've gotten rifles and snipers as well as the other kinds. Shields happen a decent amount too.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By ki11tank

pre order bonus and keys that gearbox has given out via twitter. i too used my first key randomly like an idiot at low level.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

I thought I created this thread at first o_O

Anyway:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Kept the shotgun, sold the combat rifle.

Always be shotgunning, never be combat rifling.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

I just found my first useful item after using at least ten Golden Keys at level 50. I still believe it's better and more useful to use the keys at lower levels throughout your first playthrough, probably when you feel like the enemies have scaled up beyond your current equipment. Every other item I've found before this has been vendor trash. There are just SO many opportunities to find purple & eridian weapons once you reach Level 50 that saving the keys until then seems totally the opposite of what players should be doing.

Eridian Sniper Rifle-

No Caption Provided
    white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By white

The only gun I've gotten from those chests that, so far, has yet to be displaced by drops from bosses is this gun...

No Caption Provided
    Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Scotto

I got a 206k damage rocket launcher from a key tonight. It's nice, but kind of disappointing - was hoping for a more useful weapon or shield.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ripelivejam

got a couple of semi-auto purples, one that fires explosive rounds. they aren't flashy and kinda underwhelming at first, but they've become my main weapons for now.

still have 3 (legit) keys so waiting to use them in NG+/on a 2nd character.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By buft

got a machine gun that has 18 bullets in the clip but consumes 3 bullets per shot, has about the same damage as a sniper rifle at my level, im still pretty early and used the key by mistake but from level 10 the gun has lasted me though level 17 and still as good as any sniper im picking up, im playing as zero

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.