Love letter from Claptrap to PC users...

#1 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (876 posts) -
#2 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I already had it Pre-Ordered but this is pretty awesome.

#3 Posted by PresidentOfJellybeans (302 posts) -

Lol, that was pretty great.

#4 Posted by JeanLuc (3577 posts) -

Dammit! Now I'm conflicted on which version to get.

#5 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -

That's awesome. Not sure if I'll be picking it up though; never finished the first one because I suddenly hit a wall of boredom after 30 hours of excitement. Was like an on-off switch from enjoyment to pure lack of caring in an instant.

#6 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

Sold.

#7 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Awesome, looking forward to this game for sure.

#8 Edited by ToastMan (91 posts) -

Wow, that's awesome! It seems like they addressed every single little issue the PC version of Borderlands had.

I know that this kind of thing should be expected from developers, but still this is really admirable.

#9 Posted by DeF (4846 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

I played the first one on the PS3 ... switching to PC for this one (even though 3 of my friends owned the game on PS3, we never found time to play co-op or we bought the game so far apart from each other that the other ones didn't play anymore). Since I joined the PC-games-on-the-TV crowd, I've moved most of my pre-orders from PS3/360 to PC (except for games coming to Wii U).

Pretty sweet move on Gearbox's part with all those features!

#10 Posted by speedmarque (18 posts) -

Yep, that's pretty funny. The technical shortcomings kind of soured my experience with the first. Hopefully 2 will be much better if they come through with these promises. Just send that list to all current PC/Console developers and us PC guys will be much happier. One thought though, the only mouse smoothing option should be to not include it as an option.

#11 Posted by JasonR86 (9649 posts) -

Awesome. I love the Borderlands writers.

#12 Posted by Yummylee (21463 posts) -

That's the Gearbox I know and Love. Not the butthurt Box that got a little pissy after all the criticisms towards DNF and the premature Borderlands 2 announcement. Man, those were a weird few months.

#13 Posted by adoggz (2055 posts) -

So its got a buncha standard PC shit that they left out of the first one? That's neat I guess.

#14 Posted by JeanLuc (3577 posts) -

@DeF said:

@JeanLuc said:

I played the first one on the PS3 ... switching to PC for this one (even though 3 of my friends owned the game on PS3, we never found time to play co-op or we bought the game so far apart from each other that the other ones didn't play anymore). Since I joined the PC-games-on-the-TV crowd, I've moved most of my pre-orders from PS3/360 to PC (except for games coming to Wii U).

Pretty sweet move on Gearbox's part with all those features!

I have two groups of friends, when relating to Borderlands. Half of them played it on the PC, and half of them played it on the Xbox 360. So picking the version purely on which has friends to play with, doesn't work.

#15 Posted by BadSniper52 (607 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

Yea im the same finally getting that nice lovely computer from Newegg, but on the other hand I have alot of friends on the 360 that are going to get it too

Fuck it I get both!

#16 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Lovely. Still gonna buy the X360 version though. PC gaming is too much of a costly hobby.

#17 Posted by Mirado (993 posts) -

Borderlands had such great writing, and I'm really happy that's not going to change.

All of these features will be welcome. PC Borderlands had its quirks and it's great to see that they are going to address them.

#18 Posted by zels (206 posts) -

I can't help but notice that there seems to be no mention of split screen.

#19 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I love Gearbox so much. They're just fantastic.

#20 Posted by BeachThunder (11791 posts) -

Saw this earlier; it's both great news and hilarious. I really love seeing stuff like this; Gearbox could have easily just made a regular boring old announcement that mentions all the dot points, but instead they took this as an opportunity to make something crazy =D

#21 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4960 posts) -

Fuck! Gyaaaaaaaaaaaah!

This game is coming out in the middle of september.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! THE PAIN!

#22 Posted by Doctorchimp (4073 posts) -

That's how you sell me a fucking game.

#23 Posted by LassieME (230 posts) -

That just made my day. That was fantastic.

#24 Posted by MikkaQ (10276 posts) -

Haha wow that was well done, I think I'll grab the PC version this time around.

#25 Posted by CheapPoison (727 posts) -

Good news.

l though beside the menus it was pretty good i thought.

#26 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

That is great.

Now if an actual claptrap could read it out... that'd be a whole other story.

#27 Posted by EXTomar (4623 posts) -

...wouldn't a Claptrap in a shower be a dangerous shock hazard? But a solid PC version makes me happy!

#28 Posted by Tennmuerti (8055 posts) -

How did I miss this?

BRILLIANT !!!!!

#29 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

Nice, I already have this per-ordered on Amazon. I just hope Claptrap doesn't turn out to be a pathological liar. I also hope the command to remove the black outline still works and they add the option for some anti-aliasing.

#30 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

In light of this letter Claptrap looks so hot on that bed.

#31 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Good god, I love those guys so much. I can't wait for Borderlands 2.

#32 Posted by TheHT (11077 posts) -

Ugh. Fine. I'll buy you video game, I'll buy you.

#33 Posted by Wasara88 (332 posts) -

Thst was realky funny,glad to know they've given the PC-version more thought this time around.

#34 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6396 posts) -

Cute, but I pretty much have to get it on the Xbox 360 because my friends don't play on PC. It totally sucks.

#35 Posted by Xiemos2 (226 posts) -

Really neat and smart way to approach the "Hey... so I know we said we we're going to make a really great PC version last time, but we totally fucked it up and it was garbage... but this time we promiseee!!!" haha.

I pre-ordered it. :)

#36 Posted by stryker1121 (1391 posts) -

Now that's funny. How fun must it be to work for Gearbox?

#37 Edited by alternate (2693 posts) -

@stryker1121 said:

Now that's funny. How fun must it be to work for Gearbox?

Hello and welcome. You beat out 100 hopefuls and landed the job of a lifetime at Gearbox.

We will start by assigning you to the Duke Nukem Forever 2 team ...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.