Steam help.

#1 Posted by Arceion (199 posts) -

I been playing borderlands and working on the achievements for it but i have yet to see one pop up. I know i am getting them but its just that they dont show up in game. Can anyone help out. Also the steam overlay doesnt seem to work in game aswell. Thanks.

#2 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

If the Steam overlay isn't working then you won't see the achievement pop up while playing. Make sure the overlay is enabled.

#3 Posted by Arceion (199 posts) -

@PlasmaBeam44: i have it enabled and it works with other games just not borderlands, must be something with this game.

#4 Posted by Seedofpower (3925 posts) -

It just happens for some games. I don't think there is anything you can do about it from what I can tell.

#5 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

I've never had that happen with a game bought on steam, did you just add it as a game or purchased it from steam? I can't really think of anything else.

#6 Posted by Arceion (199 posts) -

@TobbRobb: I got it from steam with all the dlc a few months back. I dont know whats wrong with it but its kinda bugging me. lol

#7 Posted by ajamafalous (11866 posts) -
@Pozer27 said:

@TobbRobb: I got it from steam with all the dlc a few months back. I dont know whats wrong with it but its kinda bugging me. lol

Have you checked the Borderlands Steam forums, or the Steam help/FAQ for when the overlay doesn't work with a game? My brother had the same issue with TF2 a few years ago; don't remember how he fixed it.
#8 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1803 posts) -

Whenever you're playing, make sure that the steam overlay is up. Otherwise, you could get screwed out of achievements. Happened to me and Darksiders.

#9 Posted by Arceion (199 posts) -

@ajamafalous: ill look into that. Thanks.

#10 Posted by Sweep (8826 posts) -

Borderlands was always kind of fucked up because they use that weird server browser thing and it is very poorly integrated with the steam friend lists. I haven't heard of cheevos not popping up, though :S

#11 Posted by Arceion (199 posts) -

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: yeah i had a few already fuck up on me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.