Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brütal Legend

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Brütal Legend is a humorous heavy-metal, open-world, action-adventure game with light real-time strategy elements. As Eddie Riggs, lead the people of the Brütal World to rise up against the Tainted Coil demons who rule the world, and their leader, the sinister Emperor Doviculus.

Brutal Legend is an odd duck isn't it

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

Edited By Sunjammer

Picked up Brutal Legend the other day. I'm laughing and laughing, and the soundtrack is fantastic. But I don't think I'm actually enjoying the game. In retrospect, the same rings true for Psychonauts, where the experience was a bigger deal than the gameplay. You know what? I'm okay with that. If Double Fine is to be the company that delivers story and character first, gameplay second, they wouldn't be the first; Hideo Kojima has been doing this shit for a decade, and for my money, Double Fine's stories and characters make me happier. 

I gotta say though. I'd totally play a metal-related RTS if it was done properly. On the PC.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Sunjammer

Picked up Brutal Legend the other day. I'm laughing and laughing, and the soundtrack is fantastic. But I don't think I'm actually enjoying the game. In retrospect, the same rings true for Psychonauts, where the experience was a bigger deal than the gameplay. You know what? I'm okay with that. If Double Fine is to be the company that delivers story and character first, gameplay second, they wouldn't be the first; Hideo Kojima has been doing this shit for a decade, and for my money, Double Fine's stories and characters make me happier. 

I gotta say though. I'd totally play a metal-related RTS if it was done properly. On the PC.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I had the same experience.  When I first got the game, I couldn't stop talking about it but once I did my first RTS section I basically shut the hell and left it alone.  The RTS stuff is just poor.

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SuperSecretAgenda

...I enjoyed the RTS part.

O.o

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sunjammer

I didn't hate the RTS part as much as i thought i was going to. It's not exactly complicated anyway, and it's thematically hilarious. I'll definitely play it online some (if anyone is still playing it)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.