Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

DLC being released too frequently?

shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

Edited By shaun832

Burnout Paradise is a game that prides itself on its community and online modes. As a result, DLC has become a very welcome addition to the game with the addition of new cars and game modes. The fact that Criterion releases free updates and patches, such as the Paradise Bikes update, is a good reason why people come back to play Burnout Paradise again.

When they started releasing premium DLC that you had to pay for, I thought it was okay, that's fair. The first premium DLC, the Party Pack, was released on the 5th of February of this year. Then, almost two weeks later, on the 19th, they release the Legendary Cars pack. This was the first real pack that people had been waiting for since the Party Pack seemed to be targetted on people who wanted a single-console multiplayer mode. Then, almost another 2 weeks later, on the 5th of March, they release the Toy Cars pack. And then they release Boost Specials pack on the 12th.

Criterion advertised each individual pack as its own separate thing and that they should be released at least a month apart. It just feels weird that we're being hit with all these new cars within the space of a single month. I don't know if you guys are understanding what I'm feeling or not. I just reckon it would have been a better strategy for Criterion to release these packs over a larger amount of time. What do you think?

shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By shaun832

Burnout Paradise is a game that prides itself on its community and online modes. As a result, DLC has become a very welcome addition to the game with the addition of new cars and game modes. The fact that Criterion releases free updates and patches, such as the Paradise Bikes update, is a good reason why people come back to play Burnout Paradise again.

When they started releasing premium DLC that you had to pay for, I thought it was okay, that's fair. The first premium DLC, the Party Pack, was released on the 5th of February of this year. Then, almost two weeks later, on the 19th, they release the Legendary Cars pack. This was the first real pack that people had been waiting for since the Party Pack seemed to be targetted on people who wanted a single-console multiplayer mode. Then, almost another 2 weeks later, on the 5th of March, they release the Toy Cars pack. And then they release Boost Specials pack on the 12th.

Criterion advertised each individual pack as its own separate thing and that they should be released at least a month apart. It just feels weird that we're being hit with all these new cars within the space of a single month. I don't know if you guys are understanding what I'm feeling or not. I just reckon it would have been a better strategy for Criterion to release these packs over a larger amount of time. What do you think?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MetalGearSunny

What? You don't like additional content to keep you busy?

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I think a couple things.

They can estimate how these packs will sell and can release them knowing gamers will buy them all no matter when they come out.....or they're pretty confident over time the sales will be strong for all the content, when the release date is irrelevant.

I mean, they must have a large contingent of people out there that only play this game and only download these items.

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Naughton

I look at it like what Harmonix has done with Rock Band songs. They're added extras that are there if you want them, but by no means are they essential to the experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.