Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cake

Object » linked to 259 games

Cake is a delicious baked good.

Orange (fruit) cheesecake? No thank you!

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

So last night I went out to dinner with my parents to this restaurant called Cool Fish. For those who are not familiar, it is not a seafood joint. Go figure.

Actually it is a pretty high-class, borderline pretentious restaurant; but the food is good. Once dinner was finished we decided to get dessert. Whenever I am at a restaurant I look to see if there is cheesecake on the menu and if there is I will order it and a cup of decaf coffee. While I am looking at the dessert menu and I come across an item which simply says, "Orange Supreme/Cheesecake." Now, this does not make sense to me. Oranges? Cheesecake? Excuse me waitress, what is the meaning of this? She explains to me that "Orange Supreme" is just the term for some orange flavoring. I nod and hesitantly order the cheesecake, unbeknownst to what I have gotten myself into.

A couple minutes later and the cup o' joe is placed in front of me, obviously filled to the brim with black coffee and little-to-no room to pour in milk. I roll my eyes as I am accustomed to this odd trend in restaurants and the assorted café. Seriously, no one likes when they do this and it just wastes their coffee and their money. Whatever, this is not the point of the story.

Soon after the coffee arrives the cheesecake ensues, and the stuff of nightmares becomes a horrid reality. Is this a cheesecake with a trace of orange-based glaze? I dare say nay, it is not. How were I to know that the Supreme in Orange Supreme was to be taken so literally?

As you may now have guessed, this was no ordinary cheesecake. It began at the top with a tall layer of thick cream, orange cream. Below this lay a dome of what the chef's twisted humor would describe as cheesecake. Was there cheese? Yes. Was there cake yes? Was it based, born, and baptised in oranges? I wish I could say no, but I will not lie. A citrus cheesecake. What foul demon from the black depths could dream up of such a monstrous abomination of the very spirit of cheesecake?

Below this modest dome of...cake was a crispy chocolate square, infused with orange flavoring. Why god, why?

Beneath this mockery of cakedom lay a thin layer of cake bathed in an orange syrup. Nearly submurged in this citrus lake, lay roughly six orange segments. Orange segments. Orange segments. Orange segments. Everywhichway orange laughed up at me from this plate. But I love cheesecake. I just had to, I just had to eat it.

Much to my chagrin, it tasted of orange. Was this some cruel joke? Was this an episode of punked? Ashton Kutcher was nowhere to be found. This was real, I pinched myself and I would not wake up.

For the duration of the car ride home I pondered why orange and cheesecake were to be uttered in the same sentence, let alone baked together. Choclate, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, perhaps strawberry cheesecake. But orange, cake? I could and would not find an answer, I may never find one. Yet only one thing perplexes me more than the concept of this orange cheesecake. What is this? What could possibly perplex you more, you might one day ask.

It is that I ate it.

I ate it....

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

I've only eaten cheesecake on one certain occasion, and it was chocolate or something.

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zeus_gb

I've eated orange cheesecake before but nothing like that one.  It was cheesecake with oranges on top with whipped cream.

Have you got a pic of this.....thing?

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Tanuki

My main question is why were you ording decaf coffee?  I mean... what the hell.  Decaf and coffee shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Also, Orange Cheesecake sounds good.  Although I will admit, the cheesecake you're refering to may sound like it has a little to much orange in it... but if it was a little orange that would be tasty.  Like... those Chocolate oranges.  You know, those really expensive chocolate sphere's that are cut up like an orange.  Those are super tasty.  But they're like chocolate with a hint of orange.  Not Orange with a hint of chocolate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.