Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 03, 2014

The eleventh installment of the Call of Duty franchise (and the first spearheaded by Sledgehammer Games) brings modern military thirty years into the future, as new technology (including powered exoskeleton frames and cloaking devices) makes a certain Private Military Corporation the dominant military force of the world.

The Call of Duty 2014 discussion thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -Cipher-

Possible spoilers for previous COD games!

_ _ _ _ _

So the new Call of Duty is basically bound to happen. However, this time it's developed by Sledgehammer Games, a new developer joining Treyarch and Infinity Ward. As such, this next COD should be interesting with (hopefully) a fresh take on the series. In this thread, you can discuss your expectations, and hopes for the new Call of Duty game.

Personally, i'm hoping for war type matches, with like 32 or more players and bigger maps, although it likely won't happen.

What are you expecting, and hoping for in Call of Duty 2014?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm expecting more of the same,no pun intended.

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Call of Duty does have a trend of recycling the same features and mechanics, but i'm hoping they'll change something by adding a new developer. Activision themselves must know that COD is recycled, otherwise they wouldn't have put a new developer on it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

At least twice as long as the previous games' campaigns, and better storytelling. Though it doesn't say much when it comes to this, I feel like I should add that my favorite is MW2. Honestly, I would love the see the trilogy on new-gen consoles in some way; it playing and looking the same consistently all the way through. I'm not a huge fan of the Black Ops games: the first wasn't great in my opinion, two was better, but still wasn't all that great either for me.

Ghosts was actually fun, but like the previous ones, it was short, and the story in it wasn't very good and I cared little for the characters, but thought the ghosts were kind of cool. Anyways, yeah, make it at least twice as long and have a better, more meaningful story that doesn't feel like it's just thrown in there as a side to the MP. Oh, and I was just checking, I didn't know Idris Elba was in MW3....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF58yA-l9tk

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Sadly, all story modes feel as if they've just been shoved in for the MP. My brother and sister both enjoy playing SP, so it's a shame for those people who enjoy playing single player to feel neglected.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-cipher- said:

@falserelic: Call of Duty does have a trend of recycling the same features and mechanics, but i'm hoping they'll change something by adding a new developer. Activision themselves must know that COD is recycled, otherwise they wouldn't have put a new developer on it.

At this point it definitely needs new mechanics. Hell even the company's fanbase is getting tired of the same formula, and since Titanfall is on the rise. The new COD devs better step up their ''A game'' if they want people's attention.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@-cipher-: Yeah, and honestly, while the MP is fun, I feel like after MW2, it's been pretty much the same, so... Yeah. I don't know, I enjoy the MW trilogy a lot and was satisfied with it.

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-cipher- said:

At this point it definitely needs new mechanics. Hell even the company's fanbase is getting tired of the same formula, and since Titanfall is on the rise. The new COD devs better step up their ''A game'' if they want people's attention.

The Call of Duty team have this mentality that no matter what they do, customers will buy their game regardless, which is mostly and sadly true. They're putting in minimum effort because they already have the winning formula, and are now afraid to try anything new.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It needs wall running, jump packs and mechs for me to care about another Call of Duty after Ghosts. Man, I remember so little about that game.

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vehicles would be nice.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm missing which part of your statement is a pun. It may be that I'm just real groggy, but where exactly is the pun... situated?

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic said:

I'm missing which part of your statement is a pun. It may be that I'm just real groggy, but where exactly is the pun... situated?

Yeah, haha. I don't see the pun either.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Unless this game ends up being KILLER, I'm waiting for Treyarch's next year. I have high hopes for that, given how much I've really liked the Black Ops games.

I don't really have any expectations for this game. I bet they try to gin up some new co-op mode that isn't zombies. Maybe mummies?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic said:

I remeber telling some people who are huge fans of COD that it was more of the same, and they took it the wrong way. So I said no pun intended to keep some people at ease, its weird I know.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fools hope wish list for MP.

Large Maps.

Longer Time Limits.

32-64 player limits.

I was a huge fan of the original Call of Duty multiplayer and it would be fun to see some more stuff like that, there were some CRAZY CTF matches back in the day, probably wont happen though.
    Who knows, maybe the MP for the original still has servers going.

All I'm really expecting though is another one, I don't seem to mind the constant iterations of Call of Duty as others do, there are t.v. shows that last forever, why not a game? Hand it around to different developers, it'll be cool, and if it looks good great, if it doesn't, oh well, wait for the next one.

Avatar image for deactivated-66361f5b4a584
    deactivated-66361f5b4a584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call of duty 4: modern warfare HD

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince said:

@falserelic said:

I remeber telling some people who are huge fans of COD that it was more of the same, and they took it the wrong way. So I said no pun intended to keep some people at ease, its weird I know.

You do understand that's not a pun though, right? I think the words you're looking for are "No offense," or something along those lines.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By Hailinel

@ntm said:

At least twice as long as the previous games' campaigns, and better storytelling. Though it doesn't say much when it comes to this, I feel like I should add that my favorite is MW2. Honestly, I would love the see the trilogy on new-gen consoles in some way; it playing and looking the same consistently all the way through. I'm not a huge fan of the Black Ops games: the first wasn't great in my opinion, two was better, but still wasn't all that great either for me.

Ghosts was actually fun, but like the previous ones, it was short, and the story in it wasn't very good and I cared little for the characters, but thought the ghosts were kind of cool. Anyways, yeah, make it at least twice as long and have a better, more meaningful story that doesn't feel like it's just thrown in there as a side to the MP. Oh, and I was just checking, I didn't know Idris Elba was in MW3....

Asking for better storytelling out of Call of Duty seems like the lowest bar that any dev team working on a COD game should be able to clear. The story in Ghosts is laughable, with preposterous scenarios and characters and a conflict that has no logic behind it. It's amateurish, and then you get to the end and they hit with a cliffhanger that the game does nothing to earn. Which means that there's probably going to be another one of these Ghosts games that will continue along this path.

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@ntm said:

Asking for better storytelling out of Call of Duty seems like the lowest bar that any dev team working on a COD game should be able to clear. The story in Ghosts is laughable, with preposterous scenarios and characters and a conflict that has no logic behind it. It's amateurish, and then you get to the end and they hit with a cliffhanger that the game does nothing to earn. Which means that there's probably going to be another one of these Ghosts games that will continue along this path.

Ghosts = The new Modern Warfare...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@-cipher- said:

@hailinel said:

@ntm said:

That's not really a compliment going either way, I'd say.

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By -Cipher-

@hailinel said:

@-cipher- said:

@hailinel said:

@ntm said:

That's not really a compliment going either way, I'd say.

Call of Duty lost its appeal after the first Modern Warfare.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By LiquidPrince

@liquidprince said:

@falserelic said:

Right... But a pun is a play of words. I think you're mistaking it with something along the lines of "in my opinion" or "no offense" or something. A pun would be something like: He bought a donkey because he thought he might get a kick out of it.

Ba dum tish.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'd be willing to put money on it being one of three things.

1. CoD Zombies: We've been hearing about them spinning it off into its own game for a while and the series could use a break from the normal Hoorah military stuff.
    2. 3rd person: Again we've been hearing forever that they've wanted to do a 3rd person game even going to far as to can one previously
    3. Sci Fi mumbo Jumbo: Go balls out and make Soldier the game. You can still have normal gun but just have them in space low G environments and so on with gorgeous skyboxes c'mon.

Now why do these make sense to me well for 1 and 2 why the fuck else would you hire the lead on Dead Space other than to have him make a 3rd person game or a horror (zombie) game. The third one is more wish fulfillment on my part but hey.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: @notdavid: My ignorance got the best of me, my bad. At first I thought people used it to let people know they meant no disrespect.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'll call it...

1) It will play pretty much the same: same number of players, same styles of maps, same modes of play with one or two additions and one or two subtractions.
    2) It will be modern warfare of some type.
    3) Somehow it will tie back to certain characters from past games even if it an alternate universe. The uncle of the son of the guy who was in one of the games is the cousin of the father the guy in this game. Oh, his name is Price or Soap or McTiddlywink.

Those are not necessarily bad things, they are just how it will work. CoD should really be classified as a sports game more than anything else. The rules, the play field, and play style don't change much, just the uniforms. It might sell more than the current game, it might sell less than the current game...but it will very likely beat every other war/combat shooter on the market 5 to 1.

...And they say
    You don't tug on superman's cape
    You don't spit into the wind
    You don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger
    And you don't mess around with...CoD

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

what could possibly constitute for a CoD Spoiler after the Nuke and No Russian? This is just listing off dream ideas.

Is Sledgehammer games like spending 3 years on this? That'd make this actually interesting, or at least the other two developers also.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.