Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

The Cod:Blops Zombie Survival Thread

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I got bored of playing the multiplayer component of Treyarchs latest Call Of Duty game fairly quickly. However the zombies mode is still an area of stark competitiveness between my friends and I. This thread shall serve as a place to share high-scores, strategies and tips.  

I'm currently sitting at a personal best of level 28.

We achieved this mainly by getting to the stage and then running around aimlessly until we were over-run. The fact that so many people seem to struggle getting past level ten amazes me, but I guess without teamwork you can get fucked pretty quickly. Here are the basic rules I stick to on Kino Der Toten:
    • As a rule I try not to turn on the power until level 10, and everyone should have at least one gun upgraded before level 18.  
    • Your team should have at least 2 rayguns and one thundergun - spam the box until you have this many.  
    • If you haven't reached the box by the time you open your second door then buy a weapon off the wall - either the AK74U or the MP40.
    • Juggernog.
    • If you have cash to burn before level 25 then keep spamming the box for monkeys. Monkeys + Quick Revive is too epic. 
    • Always leave about 5000 points spare for a Juggernog in case you get knocked down.  
    • Use the teleporter often, throw down as many grenades as possible.
    • Juggernog.
    • After about level 20 you can forget boarding up windows. There is never enough time, and you kill so many that you will probably stumble upon a max repair anyway.
    • Don't waste cash on perks unless you have the weapons to justify them.  
    • When you get to the dogs use as much ammo as you want because they always drop more.
    • Never stop moving. Sitting in a corner and hoping you won't get overwhelmed is dumb.
    • Juggernog.

I usually play with 4 players online, though I have heard single player is much easier because it gives the player more control over the horde that's chasing them. Apparently the best strategy is to get a train of zombies following you throughout each room, then to turn and shoot them at the Stage and Atrium areas as these provide the most space. Juggernog should be your number one priority at all times. 

Anyone get further than level 28 and, if so, how did you do so? Please share tips and strategies, I need to beat my brother who is sitting on round 33...
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By yoshimitz707

Yeah, I got to 29 with my friend last night. It was only my second game too! He plays alot, though. Basically did what you said with the addition of sleight of hand
    X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By X19
    @Sweep:
    You on PS3 Sweep? 

I got to 27 with one other person and would of got further if I hadn't fucked up.  My main problem is I run out of ammo on my upgraded guns even though i'm going for headshots. 

• Early game hold off moving till lvl 6 or until the dogs come. Don't bother buying another gun before the MP40 is available.
    • Main advice just make them follow you round the whole map. One guy clears the way forward while the other nades the hoard and turns on traps.
    • At lvl24 onwards use the teleporter at the start of every lvl and make sure to keep the barriers up. 
    • Just buy juggers because money gets short when you keep getting revived.
    • I fucking love those duel pistols that fire grenades as that helps to get out a tight spot. 
    • I usually upgrade the pistol first and use a smg as my prime to get points.
    • Crossbow upgraded acts like one of those monkey nades which is useful if you need to revive friend.
    Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Lemoncookie01

after round 19 it's best to run laps around the maps to gather zombies then kill them all in the theater stairway with a trap.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @X19: Naw i'm on 360. We tend to use the teleporter as a bit of a last resort and then just spam the fuck out of grenades even if we can't afford that Pack A Punch.  
    After about level 25 the weapons are all pretty useless, upgraded or otherwise - you are basically relying on the points you get for shooting to rack up points and then blow as many as possible in a single trap. I tend to keep one gun upgraded (A ray or thundergun) and then just swap the second whenever I run out of ammo. 

Quick-Revive is an excellent way to get points as well, I watched a few videos on youtube where guys would just suicide themselves with grenades at the start of each round so their partner could get revive points. Haven't had a chance to try that out :/
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

If you want to beat your brother I recommend a bat.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Ineedaname said:
    " If you want to beat your brother I recommend a bat. "

No Caption Provided
    Good idea.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Skytylz

I thought it was Juggernaug.  Like combine Juggernaut and nog as in eggnog or somethin.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Skytylz: You are right, I spelt it wrong. Supposed to be Juggernog 
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @Sweep said:
    " @X19: Naw i'm on 360. We tend to use the teleporter as a bit of a last resort and then just spam the fuck out of grenades even if we can't afford that Pack A Punch.  After about level 25 the weapons are all pretty useless, upgraded or otherwise - you are basically relying on the points you get for shooting to rack up points and then blow as many as possible in a single trap. I tend to keep one gun upgraded (A ray or thundergun) and then just swap the second whenever I run out of ammo.  Quick-Revive is an excellent way to get points as well, I watched a few videos on youtube where guys would just suicide themselves with grenades at the start of each round so their partner could get revive points. Haven't had a chance to try that out :/ "
    Well my friend and I were using the teleporter at the beginning  of every round and it seemed to be working pretty well. I had an upgraded thunder gun and ray gun while he had an upgraded ray and machine gun. That thundergun is really useful when you need to revive someone.
    X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By X19
    @Sweep: Well I just finished another match with my mate and that quick revive works really well. Basically are tactic is the front man has weapons for clearing like the ray and thundergun or as I like to call it the Bunty Pusher. The guy behind has the guns to make points so machine guns and explosive based to use on traps etc. 

At the late stage we set the claymores near the teleporter and sit in it at the start of the round. We both take out as many as possible and then use the teleporter at the last minute which is followed by lots of nade throwing. After that it's just about walking round the map and repairing the walls as we go but never staying to long in one area in case of instant bummage XD 

Shame we arn't on the same console would have been fun :)
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @X19 said:
    " @Sweep: Well I just finished another match with my mate and that quick revive works really well. Basically are tactic is the front man has weapons for clearing like the ray and thundergun or as I like to call it the Bunty Pusher. The guy behind has the guns to make points so machine guns and explosive based to use on traps etc.  At the late stage we set the claymores near the teleporter and sit in it at the start of the round. We both take out as many as possible and then use the teleporter at the last minute which is followed by lots of nade throwing. After that it's just about walking round the map and repairing the walls as we go but never staying to long in one area in case of instant bummage XD  Shame we arn't on the same console would have been fun :) "
    One day, man. One day!  

I find that if you use the teleporter at the start of the round then there are never enough zombies spawned yet to properly maximize the amount of damage you can do with those grenades. If you do a lap of the building first and pick up a decent sized horde then you can get a lot more points ^_^

I always play with 4 players which makes it virtually impossible to choreograph what the fuck is happening, especially when the shit hits the fan - but when that happens it always cracks me up watching everybody running around screaming.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @yoshimitz707 said:
    " @Sweep said:
    " @X19: Naw i'm on 360. We tend to use the teleporter as a bit of a last resort and then just spam the fuck out of grenades even if we can't afford that Pack A Punch.  After about level 25 the weapons are all pretty useless, upgraded or otherwise - you are basically relying on the points you get for shooting to rack up points and then blow as many as possible in a single trap. I tend to keep one gun upgraded (A ray or thundergun) and then just swap the second whenever I run out of ammo.  Quick-Revive is an excellent way to get points as well, I watched a few videos on youtube where guys would just suicide themselves with grenades at the start of each round so their partner could get revive points. Haven't had a chance to try that out :/ "
    Well my friend and I were using the teleporter at the beginning  of every round and it seemed to be working pretty well. I had an upgraded thunder gun and ray gun while he had an upgraded ray and machine gun. That thundergun is really useful when you need to revive someone. "
    Yeah it's pretty important to have at least one thunder gun, but after about level 25 it stops killing zombies and just pushes to the floor - which is ok if you need to revive someone, but it doesn't really have enough ammo to be practical at racking up points - and it reloads so fucking slowly. I try to get a raygun and an LMG - the LMG for points, spraying into a horde, the Raygun for when I get into trouble on the narrow areas of the level and I need to power my way through ;)
    X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By X19
    @Sweep said:
    "I always play with 4 players which makes it virtually impossible to choreograph what the fuck is happening, especially when the shit hits the fan - but when that happens it always cracks me up watching everybody running around screaming. "
    It's an absolute laugh when it gets crazy. The amount of shouting, swearing and stupid comments which happens in those last 10 seconds of a game is priceless XD I was going to trade Blops in for KZ3 but I don't think KZ3 can deliver this kind of experience, will see I guess.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having a lot of fun playing system link 4 player with this mode recently.  We are very interested in the new Ascension map but if we bought the whole pack we would hardly use the multiplayer maps, so that investment for basically one map needs to be justified.  Anyone play it?  I'm reading some good things but not too many details about what makes it a good map.

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By laticsfan

Anyone got it on PC want to play and help me out? I try to play but don't really know what I am doing or what I should be doing. And so I feel really guilty trying to play it online with people I don't know. Didn't help when I joined my first game and right off the bat two of them  are shouting and swearing at each exclaiming what a noob the other one is.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By X19
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud: If they did that new map bundled with the old world at war maps I would buy it. Im the same I played so much of MW2 that the multiplayer of Blops lost its spark before I even hit 1st prestige. No way am I paying that price for only one map.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@X19 said:
    " @Stephen_Von_Cloud: If they did that new map bundled with the old world at war maps I would buy it. Im the same I played so much of MW2 that the multiplayer of Blops lost its spark before I even hit 1st prestige. No way am I paying that price for only one map. "
    Yes just give me something else, or at least make it $5.  Only other way I think will be if it goes on sale, but they are really squeezing people by making all the maps a single pack
    arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By arkasai

KEEP RUNNING.  We took that strat to round 33 on 4 player.  You can go on for a long time just running laps from the theater up to the lobby and around back to the theater, buying ammo for the MP40 each lap.  Upgrading guns isn't a major priority because eventually your guns are useless, you'll need at least one ray gun and thundergun in your team to make crawlers and unclog doorways.  Above round 30 it takes a full clip in the face with the MP40 to down 1 zombie so you'll have to run, empty your clip, pull a trap, and repeat till the round is over.   

Currently our #1 killer has been greed...the second you get greedy above 30 you will die.  

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Twitchey
    @X19:  I play PS3 my highest round is 27 and I need a new zombie group.
    X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By X19
    @Twitchey: Will message you my bank account details now :)
    FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By FourWude

SOLO Kino der toten. Personal best Round 31.

But I know I can beat that. I only reached that last week.

Also my tip: Do laps around the stage area in the theatre room. Bunch the zombies up, until they're all in a nice line behind you and then proceed to continue doing laps whilst occasionally turning around and killing a few.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By X19

Got to lvl 33 tonight with my mate :D

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By natetodamax

On Kino der Toten I got somewhere in the 20s with a couple of friends. 

For me Nazi Zombies is only fun for about an hour.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.