Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

The Video Game Publishing Parody

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Edited By giyanks22

I was watching the Call of Duty Black Opps trailer again today, because the first time I saw it, it intrigued me a bit, because it looked like for the first time in Treyarch's stabs at Call of Duty, they were trying something different with the mechanics and story telling. As the trailer finished I saw the release date appear. 11. 9. 10. I said wow, Activision already knows the release date nearly 6 months in advanced. I was thinking, why couldn't Blizzard have done that for Starcraft II. Blizzzard waited till May to announce a july release date.   So I said, "It'd be really great if Blizzard could learn from Activision." Then it suddenly hit me........Blizzard and Activision are the same company. 

WTF is this? Am I the only one who thinks this is messed up....?

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By giyanks22

I was watching the Call of Duty Black Opps trailer again today, because the first time I saw it, it intrigued me a bit, because it looked like for the first time in Treyarch's stabs at Call of Duty, they were trying something different with the mechanics and story telling. As the trailer finished I saw the release date appear. 11. 9. 10. I said wow, Activision already knows the release date nearly 6 months in advanced. I was thinking, why couldn't Blizzard have done that for Starcraft II. Blizzzard waited till May to announce a july release date.   So I said, "It'd be really great if Blizzard could learn from Activision." Then it suddenly hit me........Blizzard and Activision are the same company. 

WTF is this? Am I the only one who thinks this is messed up....?

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Call of Duty - October 29th, 2003 
    Call of Duty: United Offensive - September 14th, 2004
    Call of Duty 2 - October 25th, 2005
    Call of Duty 3 - November 7th, 2006
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - November 7th, 2007
    Call of Duty: World at War - November 11th, 2008
    Modern Warfare 2: November 10th, 2009
    Call of Duty: Black Ops: November 9th, 2010

Starcraft - March 31st, 1998

See the pattern? People expect a Call of Duty every November. We've pretty much known since 2007 that there would be a Call of Duty game in November of 2010. MW2's release date was known almost a year in advance. Starcraft II is an entirely different subject. Much more massive game, way bigger development, beta testing, etc. Not to mention it's PC only, and as such doesn't require the crazy highly televised ad campaigns that something like Call of Duty does.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By giyanks22
    @Rolyatkcinmai said:

" Call of Duty - October 29th, 2003 
    Call of Duty: United Offensive - September 14th, 2004
    Call of Duty 2 - October 25th, 2005
    Call of Duty 3 - November 7th, 2006
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - November 7th, 2007
    Call of Duty: World at War - November 11th, 2008
    Modern Warfare 2: November 10th, 2009
    Call of Duty: Black Ops: November 9th, 2010

Starcraft - March 31st, 1998  See the pattern? People expect a Call of Duty every November. We've pretty much known since 2007 that there would be a Call of Duty game in November of 2010. MW2's release date was known almost a year in advance. Starcraft II is an entirely different subject. Much more massive game, way bigger development, beta testing, etc. Not to mention it's PC only, and as such doesn't require the crazy highly televised ad campaigns that something like Call of Duty does. "

my point isn't just with Starcraft, because we're still in the dark on Diablo III and WoW Catyclysm, i'm saying why don't Blizzard games atleast have tenative release dates like their partner activision's.
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai
    @giyanks22: Because Blizzard has a long history with release dates and not meeting them.

They also, unlike the rest of Activision, have a reputation for delivering nothing but the highest tier of quality. You can't place a deadline on your game a year in advance and expect it to be top notch and polished.
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By giyanks22

Activision has thrown out some pretty solid games. COD, COD 2, COD 4 MW, COD MW 2, And the guitar heros. 

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn
    @giyanks22 said:
    "Activision has thrown out some pretty solid games. COD, COD 2, COD 4 MW, COD MW 2, And the guitar heros.  "

@Rolyatkcinmai said:
    " @giyanks22: Because Blizzard has a long history with release dates and not meeting them.  They also, unlike the rest of Activision, have a reputation for delivering nothing but the highest tier of quality. You can't place a deadline on your game a year in advance and expect it to be top notch and polished."

STOP RIGHT THERE, this can only get ugly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.