Bows & Knives are more effective than guns. Yeah.

#1 Posted by MB (12730 posts) -

If you have this game...try playing around with the throwing knives as Thomas, and pick up a bow and plenty of arrows as soon as you're able to.

Not only do knives have a crazy lock-on ability and kill in one hit, but they can be recovered from bodies as well! Arrows can also be recovered, kill in one hit, and turns the game slow-motion while you're zoomed in.

I haven't played the game much so I don't know if the later firearms balance this out or have some of the same abilities...but wow.

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

the knives lock-on rarely happened.. most of the time i pulled out my knives it didnt lock on and i had to aim which gave the enemy the chance to shoot the fuck outta me

the knives are great for sneaking around though, or for use when you're well hidden
#3 Posted by MB (12730 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: I'm having the exact opposite experience. Whenever I select the knives, I get a red lock-on reticule on the nearest enemy, instant kill. Maybe you're not getting close enough.
#4 Posted by MB (12730 posts) -
@sidescroller: lol...yes. Believe it or not. A throwing knife in each hand.
#5 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -

The 360 version has a lock on option and a sticky aim option.  Does the PC version have these?  Might explain the different results for different people.

On the 360 when you choose Ray and dual wield you get a LOT of autoaim, but I think it makes the game a lot more fun.

#6 Posted by Akeldama (4253 posts) -

have you played Far Cry 2? The fucking shank is the strongest weapon in the game. 

#7 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Nothing beats headshots with revolvers.  Also, just using a rifle will one-hit kill anyone, and has a faster rate of fire than a bow. 

#8 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -
@Akeldama said:
" have you played Far Cry 2? The fucking shank is the strongest weapon in the game.  "
Not when you aim for the neck and they don't die, without being seen and they cry like a baby and alert everyone, most powerful weapon was the dart rifle
#9 Posted by Akeldama (4253 posts) -
@PeasForFees: dart rifle was a joke. Sneak up on a dude and slit his throat. Good luck getting up after that. 
#10 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -
@Akeldama: Seriously the machete was touch when someone would die or be injured, dart rifle was always a 1 hit kill in the GAME
#11 Edited by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

Could this make a good concept? Maybe it's a bit too subjective. And it would be difficult to word.

#12 Posted by MB (12730 posts) -
@MattyFTM: I don't know...I think it's just poor balance. Seriously, using the bow in Bound in Blood is like turning on EZ mode as long as you have the left trigger pulled in. It's loads of fun though, and I guess that is what matters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.