Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Revealed at TGS 2008, little is known about this game. It has since become vaporware.

Now that Lords of Shadow is a CV, what's going to happen to this?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

At first, Lords of Shadow didn't have anything to do with Castlevania. It was a separate game, and therefore must have been developed separately from this one. Furthermore, Iga has to be working on something, and since we haven't heard anything about a cancellation(add to that the fact that Lords of Shadow is a side-story), it's very possible that he's still working on this game.

What I'm thinking is, since Lords of Shadow is a 3D game, it's possible that Konami has allowed Iga to take a risk with a 2D console game. Now that would be pretty damn sweet, right?

So what do you think is going on with this game?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

I think its more likely he's working on the next DS entry, but i cant rule a console entry out. 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Icemael

It's possible that he's working on another DS title, but I doubt it - since they had a teaser for this game, they must've done some work on it. Would they just scrap that work an go "whatever, let's go back to making DS games"?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    @Icemael said:
    " It's possible that he's working on another DS title, but I doubt it - since they had a teaser for this game, they must've done some work on it. Would they just scrap that work an go "whatever, let's go back to making DS games"? "
    wait, what?
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Icemael

I'm saying they must have done some work on the PS360 Castlevania with Alucard in it. Would they just throw that away and start working on another DS game instead?

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By eirikr

Cancellation is nothing new in the Castlevania franchise. Look at the 32X game (with some assets that would arguably go on to be a part of Symphony, though no one knows for sure) and Castlevania: Resurrection for Dreamcast.

That said, I think it's more likely that IGA is doing another DS game, or that the Alucard game might end up being a 2D downloadable title.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By GreggD
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @Icemael said:
    " It's possible that he's working on another DS title, but I doubt it - since they had a teaser for this game, they must've done some work on it. Would they just scrap that work an go "whatever, let's go back to making DS games"? "
    wait, what?
    "
    Oh, damn. AgentJ finally got caught slipping up.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
    @Icemael said:
    " I'm saying they must have done some work on the PS360 Castlevania with Alucard in it. Would they just throw that away and start working on another DS game instead? "
    There's a new Alucard Castlevania? Why havent i heard about this?
    Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Kiemoe
    @GreggD said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @Icemael said:
    wait, what?
    "
    Oh, damn. AgentJ finally got caught slipping up. "
    GreggD = New best friend
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
    @Kiemoe said:
    "
    @GreggD said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @Icemael said:
    wait, what?
    "
    Oh, damn. AgentJ finally got caught slipping up. "
    GreggD = New best friend
    "
    lol, come on guys! give me a break? I can't be on all the time!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.