Originally an orphan, Cerebella was taken in by the mobster Vitale Medici and became the closest thing to a father she's ever known and now her only desire is his attention.
While inherently good, Cerebella serves the mafia as a leg-breaker when not performing in the circus. Cerebella is the only person capable of controlling her powerful Living Weapon hat, Vice-Versa, so Vitale is stingy with his affections to keep her fighting in his corner.
One of the two characters first revealed for Skullgirls (the other being Filia), Cerebella is a grappler with command throws for virtually any situation. Unlike typical grappler characters, she doesn't have difficulty getting in close either, thanks to an armored charge and aerial glide.
Cerebella's defining characteristics are her large bust and sharp eyes, as demonstrated by her being shown almost exclusively in low-cut tops, while similarly buxom characters are not.
Cerebella is voiced by Cristina Vee.
Cerebella's story is unique amongst the characters of Skullgirls in that her meeting with the Skullgirl is only incidental to the plot of her story. Instead of seeking out the Skull Heart to obtain a wish, Cerebella's story instead follows her pursuit of Ms. Fortune and the retrieval of the Life Gem at the behest of Vitale.
Her travels lead her to Valentine who is running experiments on Ms. Fortune due to her apparent immorality. After a brief battle with Valentine and Double, she is told that Ms. Fortune has fled into the catacombs below the Cathedral. This turns out to be a lie and she is instead confronted by the Skullgirl, Bloody Marie, who is shocked that she remains pure despite her association with the Medici Mafia, but resigns to destroying her to prevent the mafia from obtaining the Skull Heart.
After defeating Marie, Cerebella declines the opportunity to make a wish, instead desiring to continue on her search, when Ms. Fortune suddenly appears and makes for the Skull Heart. Cerebella grabs her between Vice-Versa's hands and holds her, saying that the Medici's are her family and she won't allow Ms. Fortune to use the Skull Heart to harm them. Ms. Fortune replies that with or without the Skull Heart she will destroy the Mafia and that she cannot be stopped due to the Life Gem's power flowing through her veins. This gives Cerebella the idea to crush Ms. Fortune until naught but the Life Gem remains and she does so.
Her story ends with her in bunny suit sitting on Vitale Medici's lap, who is congratulating her for exceeding his wildest expectations of her. Despite finally obtaining everything she was ever after, the final frame shows Cerebella looking remorseful for what she has done.
- One of Cerebella's palette swaps is an homage to Harley Quinn.
- Black Dahlia was the one who taught Cerebella to use the knives she keeps in her shoes.
- Cerebella's likes include: Competition, Showing off, Cats, Professional wrestling, Sudoku, Flirting, Pleasing Vitale, Teasing her roommate Feng
- Cerebella's dislikes include: Badmouthing of the Circus, Badmouthing of Vitale, Angry people, Quitters, Cockroaches
- Her name is a reference to the cerebellum, the part of the brain responsible for motor control. Unsurprisingly, mastery of motor skills is vital for circus performers.
- Cerebella is meant to look Brazilian, even though there's not quite a locational equivalent to Brazil in the Skullgirls universe.