Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 16, 2012

Set in a medieval-fantasy world engulfed in civil war, Chivalry is a multiplayer-focused class-based action game putting players in the role of valorous knights.

So Chivalry Comes Out Tomorrow....

Krullis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Krullis

I'm pretty surprised that no one's really talking about this game! If all goes according to plan, the game will be available tomorrow to purchase.

So who's going to get it? What will be your starting class/weapons?

GET READY TO SLICE AND DICE!

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mtcantor

Nice try Chivalry developer...

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

All I have seen of it is a Birgirpall video and it just looks like a shit Mount and Blade. At least War of the Roses is a good Mount and Blade.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By ESREVER

I am also surprised there hasn't been much talk of this game, especially since I heard about it on the War of the Roses TNT. The game is actually a lot of fun and tons better than WotR. It has proper game modes for a medieval setting such as objective based missions that vary from map to map. There was one where one team (Mason I believe) was assaulting an Agatha castle and it was a straight up Castle Siege. Then for the final objective the Masons had to kill the King of the castle, which was the MVP of the Agatha team. It was a pretty cool idea.

Also, the game has straight up fisticuffs. It is a ton of fun to play free for all and just ditch all your weapons for favor of the fists. Running around and punching douchebag Knights with Greatswords as they try to cut you down is VERY rewarding. The combat mechanics are fairly interesting too. Instead of your wild mouse swinging in WotR, you have buttons dedicated for such things as an overhead and stab motion. You can also combo swings into each other, block an enemies attack by focusing your crosshair on the tip of their weapon as they strike, and even "feint" an attack to trick your enemy into blocking early, only to followup with an actual attack.

Did I mention the game has an arrow cam when you fire an arrow? Yea, its pretty cool.

I might wait a little bit for it to come down in price on Steam because right now $25 feels a bit much atm. There's no singleplayer mode (Well, you can play games by yourself with bots if you really wanted) other than a helpful training mission. It seems like the kind of game that could really benefit from a Campaign.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Offtopic, but I am so sick of threads starting with "So"

Every 3 threads that are made start with it

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By vaiz

My goodness, my shill alarm is blaring. I'll bite, though. I haven't seen anything about the game, so maybe when it comes out I'll look it up, buy it and, knowing me, never play it.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SlasherMan

I think this game is looking pretty great. Not sure if it's a day one buy for me, but definitely looking forward to getting it at some point. Seems much more my thing than WotR.

Here's some footage from TotalBiscuit:

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By ESREVER

@SlasherMan: Yea, that first was the map I was talking about. Was a lot of fun. Hopefully he plans on doing a WTF on it if he hasn't already.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As a superfan of Age Of Chivalry (The HL2 mod that Chivalry is a follow-up to) I could not be more excited for this game to finally come out.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Chivalry is dead.

Krullis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Krullis

@ESREVER: From what I've heard, I think he may be doing a comparison video of this and WotR. Would be interesting to see which one he prefers more

@mtcantor: HAH, that would be cool, but alas, I am not.

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
    MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

Looks interesting, but I'll be sticking with Mount&Blade/Napoleonic Wars till I get a better computer before venturing into either Chivalry or WOTR.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By murisan

It's incredibly worth it and is half off today.

cryptic_code

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cryptic_code

@MatthewTheBeast: This game plays okay on my 6 year old computer. I have to turn down a few settings, but definitely playable where you can enjoy the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.