Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Clock Tower

Franchise »

A series of horror titles that were developed by Human Entertainment and later Capcom.

Who owns the rights to the first two Clock Tower games?

Kumatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kumatose

I'm referring to Clock Tower: The First Fear and Clock Tower 2 (released as simply Clock Tower in North America). Both games appeared on the PS1. The second game could potentially be released as a PSOne Classic (and I'd love to see that happen), but the first game was never localized.

I know they were developed by Human Entertainment, which is now defunct. Some of their members went on to join Spike (which later merged as Spike Chunsoft, makers of the Zero Escape and Danganronpa series) while others joined Suda's Grasshopper Manufacture (Killer7, No More Heroes, etc.). But I have no clue who holds the rights to those Clock Tower games.

As I said, I'd love to see the second game released as a PSOne Classic and the first finally receive a localization. Unfortunately, interest in this franchise is rather low, as evidenced by the fact that this is the inaugural post on this subforum. Anyone who enjoys horror and adventure games should have this franchise on their radar.

The creator, Hifumi Kouno, is currently working on a spiritual successor to the series called NightCry for the Vita and iOS, which hopefully revives interest in his older games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.