Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 13, 2015

A turn-based tactics game with a third person view. It is set in a steampunk world with an art style inspired by comic books. Players control a strike force called S.T.E.A.M., created by Abraham Lincoln, to fend off an alien invasion.

Demo is out on the eShop yo

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Just checked IGN and it said the demo is out but I wasn't sure if it only applied to the US. I just opened the AU eShop and it's there so I'm guessing it's available worldwide. Get downloading!

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Downloaded it and played for about half an hour. I've never put much time in a game of this nature before (reminds me of the very brief time I've put into Xcom: Enemy Unknown) but I think it's cool so far. The game has already been on my radar since announcement and now because of the demo I will be getting it day 1.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

I haven't played it (can't be bothered signing up for whatever), but I watched a playthrough of it. I guess it's just the tutorial section of the game, but it gives a bad first impression. Controlling just one unit in a turn-based tactics game is almost always boring. The start of the demo basically just seems like an excruciatingly slow third-person shooter :|

I'm sure the main part of the game will be fine, but I just hope they let you skip the tutorial section in the full release.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Played it a bit, I'm really digging it. You're only stuck controlling just one dude for just the first one or two very brief missions? It didn't bother me at all.

I failed the mission where one of your dudes starts on top of a crate surrounded by a bunch of enemies.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: You don't have to sign up for anything, unless you mean create a Nintendo ID to be able to access the eShop. Also you get another character to control at some point in the demo so it's not just playing as one character.

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems really cool. Both style and gameplay-wise. I haven't played it yet, but the direct control, turn-based movement reminded me of what I've seen of Valkyria Chronicles. X-COM is the other obvious comparison.

The reveal of Abraham Lincoln is fantastic.

Also, this is a lengthy demo. I was really surprised by how much was on offer. You end up controlling 4 characters in the last mission and get the option of replaying earlier missions with the four characters in order to access hidden parts of the map with their new abilities. You also get to transfer any currency you collect in the demo to the full game and unlock an extra weapon when it's out. Just wish the release wasn't so much later in Europe.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I've played up until you get a second character and I don't want to play anymore. Just none of it is clicking with me.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for the heads up, hadn't turned my 3ds on in months.

I like it, the art is cool, the music is great and the gameplay is very reminiscent of valkyria chronicles which I love so, all is all looking pretty good.

If I have to nitpick about something is the fact that there is no button mapped for ending your turn, so you're forced to use the touch screen for that, even when using a circle pad pro... but that's minor really.

I'll definitely be picking this one up when it comes out.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: Maybe stick with it for just a bit longer, because I found it much more fun once you have 4 characters.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

That demo was a good length, shows most of the gameplay and story, and Abraham Lincoln!

LINCOLNFORCE, GO!

krampasYulog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through the whole demo, and I'm really looking forward to this game now. It already looked fantastic, and now I know that it plays great. I was a big XCOM: Enemy Unkown fan, and this almost seems like a great middle ground between that game and The Bureau: XCOM Unclassified's third-person action. This one is on the wishlist.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wow this game looks all over the board. Hopefully there will be a quick look of this one.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of content for a Demo, especially 3DS. Very Valkyria Chronicles in terms of gameplay, but the aesthetic is much more interesting imo. Love all the american icon characters, plus a Lion-man named Lion, all steam punked up and kicking ass in London.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.