Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Conduit 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Agent Michael Ford makes his return to the Wii in this sequel to High Voltage Software's original sci-fi shooter

So, Quick Look? Also, horde mode?

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

From IGN review:

"features "Invasion" mode, which is your now-standard "fight waves of enemies" mode."

This sounds a lot like Horde Mode to me, which, if so, awesome.  Also, review was pretty favorable over the previous Conduit, which is nice, since I didn't mind the first one.  Given that this one has classic controller support, I could see this being a pretty decent first person experience.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

Seems to have been buried so far by other games. I'm sure they will get round to it.

Would be interested to see if it has improved much over the original, considering how much they hyped the first one.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By benpack

I'd like to see a quicklook for it. I wanna see if it's worth dusting off the Wii for, haven't touched mine since Donkey Kong.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Come on, with all the good games that came out this week, THIS is the game you want coverage of? If the quality (or lack thereof) of the first game is anything to go by, I would avoid this piece of trash at all costs.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    I think the biggest problem for most people with the original Conduit were the controls.  The sequel having classic controller support could go a long way to making it a good exclusive title on the Wii.  Yeah, it was definitely a big week for releases, but the other Big 3 seem to have already been covered in one way or another, and next week seems like another snoozer, so yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing 20 minutes of Conduit 2 being played.

Also, I was under the impression at some point that this game was going to be multiplatform. Did I just dream that?
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Krakn3Dfx said:
    " I think the biggest problem for most people with the original Conduit were the controls.  The sequel having classic controller support could go a long way to making it a good exclusive title on the Wii.  Yeah, it was definitely a big week for releases, but the other Big 3 seem to have already been covered in one way or another, and next week seems like another snoozer, so yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing 20 minutes of Conduit 2 being played.Also, I was under the impression at some point that this game was going to be multiplatform. Did I just dream that? "
    Even barring the controls though, when they did the QL of the original it looked pretty awful. Like a bad Gamecube FPS.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel
    @President_Barackbar said:
    " Come on, with all the good games that came out this week, THIS is the game you want coverage of? If the quality (or lack thereof) of the first game is anything to go by, I would avoid this piece of trash at all costs. "
    Some people really liked the first one, and it sold decently enough in Sega's mind to warrant a sequel.  Naturally, there are those that would have interest in seeing the game get covered by the Giant Bomb staff.
    TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By TehFlan

For what it's worth, I would love a Quick Look of this game. The first game was disappointing, but this one seems like it may have resolved the issues.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By fox01313

Seems a QL of this would be good, as it appears from other reviews that they did improve things some & added more variety though I find it hard from the videos to separate the main character of this from Duke Nukem (same voice actor).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.