Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Conquest: Frontier Wars

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 14, 2001

A space-based RTS with a heavy emphasis on controlling fleets of ships and maintaining supply chains over multiple star systems.

Conquest 2: Vyrium Uprising Kickstarter!

OrfBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OrfBC

If anyone else fondly remembers this game (and I'm sure many here do), the original creators have formed a new company and launched a Kickstarter to fund the sequel. They say they're about halfway done with it, and are looking for $675,000. Check it out!

http://kck.st/KbBjdP

Avatar image for gamergirlaustin
    GamergirlAustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GamergirlAustin

Here is a direct link to the kickstarter :) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1869102574/conquest-2-vyrium-uprising-rts-fans-unite

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Yeah, I'm supporting it, doesn't look like it's getting the attention it needs though. 5 days and only 8k out 675k raised.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight
    mtmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By mtmckinley

Glad to see my old boss getting the band back together! If it gets the greenlight, I hope I get to do some of the art for it again!

OrfBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OrfBC

And they're giving up. 10 days to go, less than $15k pledged. It's too bad, but I can't help but think they might have done better if they had put out frequent updates like Shadowrun, Double Fine, Two Guys from Andromeda, and the other super-successful campaigns. On the other hand, those guys were all kicking out the constant updates in response to runaway success, so maybe I've got the relationship backwards. Tough to say, but it's hard not to feel like PeeZocker wasn't doing as much as they could to get awareness out there. Totally armchair generalling, of course, it's impossible to actually know what they had going.

Well, what can we say? We gave it a try and just did not generate enough interest around the gaming press to drive folks to the site to get enough supporters.

So, being prudent people we are going to pull it down in 24 hours. We appreciate all the support from the backers and all the ideas to make the game better etc, but our needs to finish it, just seem a bit high for the Kstarter community at this time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.