North American Announcement

#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows will be released as a downloadable game for the PSP this winter in North America, followed up by a future European release.

Also, the original Corpse Party will be $9.99 on PSN until November 6th.

Siliconera

I enjoyed the first Corpse Party, but I'm not too sure it's something that I'd be that interested in going through again. One of the game's chapters is a direct sequel featuring two survivors from the first game, so I'll look into it depending on what price the game is available at.

#2 Posted by sunsetstreek (57 posts) -

I'm definitely interested in the sequel. Glad to see it's finally getting brought over.

#3 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

I really don't want to but I feel obligated having played the first one.. School girls coughing up long, black hair's bound to be a good time.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

@ervonymous said:

I really don't want to but I feel obligated having played the first one..

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it (perhaps for different reasons, though).

#5 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5814 posts) -

well fuck, I was just about to post this, good thing I checked this board first. 

I might buy this just because it's XSEED. The first Corpse Party made me feel really uneasy for a while after finishing it though. One of the few horror games that's ever done that for me.

#6 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i better butter my pooper then

#7 Posted by Coafi (1483 posts) -

Hmm, anyone purchased the original one now that's on sale? I checked PSN and it stills says $20.

#8 Edited by LentFilms (164 posts) -

I'm actually a little surprised. Corpse Party must have done pretty well for XSEED if they're releasing Book of Shadows, so I am very happy to see that the series is doing well in America. I will most certainly be purchasing Book of Shadows as soon as it's available but I also do not have very high expectation for it. The game was developed by Mages instead of by the original developer Team GrisGris and the gameplay has been changed to be more like a standard visual novel. The stories could still be entertaining but overall Book of Shadows looks like the appetizer while we wait for Corpse Party 2 to be released. Still excited to play it though.

#9 Posted by Village_Guy (2543 posts) -

Book of Shadows? Oh god, hopefully it will be better and make more sense than Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 did...

#10 Posted by TooWalrus (13156 posts) -

This November, cast your ballot for the Corpse Party.

#11 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -

The whole eternal torment crutch always gets me in japanese horror stories. Being denied deaths release is the ultimate horror in my book.

As long as they price it 20$ or less i'l probably pick this up, Most of the story will be a repeat of what we already seen in the original game which is to be taken into consideration.

#12 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (618 posts) -

@Coafi said:

Hmm, anyone purchased the original one now that's on sale? I checked PSN and it stills says $20.

i picked it up last night and it was $10 (around 1am CST), so don't know if they didn't update it till then or not. Played about 45 minutes before going to bed, not bad but don't think i've gotten into anything good yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.