Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

The fourth iteration of Valve's team-based modern-military first-person shooter, rebuilt and constantly expanded for competitive play with new maps, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics. It was later made free-to-play and most versions were later replaced with the sequel.

Wont work, keeps on crashing. anyone help please?

XxRANGAxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By XxRANGAxX

Ok so hear is my problem, when i first purchased and installed CC: GO it would just crash and close down as soon as I launched no reason at all just the "cc:go.exe has stopped working" so deleted it and redownload/intaslled it and now when i run it it goes to a blank screen and then an error message comes up on my desktop saying "Invalid or Corrupt background texture, materials/console/background01_widescreen.vtf"

If anyone could help that would be great, but I might try and install it again...

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

Yo, do this:

• Right click on the offending game in your Steam library and click Properties.
    • Shuffle on over to the Local files and click Verify integrity of game cache
    • Wait while Steam checks out your game files. This can take seconds or up to ten minutes depending how how big the game is (Team Fortress 2 is the only one I know that will take ten minutes).
    • If any files were missing or corrupt, Steam will redownload them and you should be good to go!
    XxRANGAxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By XxRANGAxX

@Ravenlight said:

Yo, do this:

• Right click on the offending game in your Steam library and click Properties.
    • Shuffle on over to the Local files and click Verify integrity of game cache
    • Wait while Steam checks out your game files. This can take seconds or up to ten minutes depending how how big the game is (Team Fortress 2 is the only one I know that will take ten minutes).
    • If any files were missing or corrupt, Steam will redownload them and you should be good to go!

tried that and it fixed that texture problem but now its just doing the first problem i had again and just crashing....

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

@XxRANGAxX: Okay, that's one thing out of the way.

Make sure your video drivers are fully up to date. You should be able to actually do this through Steam by clicking on Steam in the top left corner, then Check for video driver updates...

If that doesn't work, post back with the specs of your video card, your OS and which service packs you have installed (if any), and if you're running an antivirus program on your PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.