Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Mixed feelings with gaming.

vietthreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By vietthreat

So i just finished playing Crysis 2 and enjoyed it but i feel like i have reached a point in my gaming life where i have the urge to play games and then once i play them, i feel so robotic in my play time with the game. When i first get a game i feel the urge to play it but when i play it doesn't feel fun. As i continue though, i feel the urge to keep playing. Even when i stop playing because i think iv had enough something in my mind triggers to make me want to go back to the game.

So my question is have you ever played a game and while you are playing it, you didn't feel the enjoyment but still had an urge to finish the game?    

vietthreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By vietthreat

So i just finished playing Crysis 2 and enjoyed it but i feel like i have reached a point in my gaming life where i have the urge to play games and then once i play them, i feel so robotic in my play time with the game. When i first get a game i feel the urge to play it but when i play it doesn't feel fun. As i continue though, i feel the urge to keep playing. Even when i stop playing because i think iv had enough something in my mind triggers to make me want to go back to the game.

So my question is have you ever played a game and while you are playing it, you didn't feel the enjoyment but still had an urge to finish the game?    

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Kjellm87

That dosen't make sense to me.
    If you can't put down the game you like it, but maybe you play a little too much at once.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By spankingaddict

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm like that sometimes, and Crysis 2 is one of those times :(

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oatz

No Caption Provided
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Sin4profit

i get that feeling alot with my Steam backlog of games, i feel obligated to finish what i've started.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Finish the fries.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Forza 3. I am determined to finish all six seasons, even if it kills me.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By spazmaster666

Yeah unfortunately this happens a lot with shooters that I'm playing which are competent games but don't bring a lot to the table that's new or exciting. I still feel like I need to finish the game just to see how the story concludes and in case there are cool moments later on in the game. The original Crysis was one of those games that I didn't particularly like playing (though obviously it looked fantastic visually) but felt like I needed to finish just to see what happens.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Yeah, I know what you mean.

But I'm loving Crysis 2. The vast amount of tactical options available, as well as the large levels and useful power-ups make it feel like an action-packed version of Deus Ex.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MikkaQ
    @PrivateIronTFU said:
    " Forza 3. I am determined to finish all six seasons, even if it kills me. "
    Hell yeah but with the added chore of finishing every single event.   Gotta get that achievement, and it felt like a chore months ago. Podcasts and racing do help pass the time. 
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bybeach
    @oatz said:
    "

"

Hotoooooooooooooes! I don't know, that sounds like the sorta spanish word, very sure that isn't the spelling. You would hear that at work when  sexuality was in question. It sounded fucking funny, and I mean no hurt or rudness to anyone. 

As for your problem with crysis 2, boy do I want to rant and rave about that game. Oh well, this thread is really about the op, so I will snivel elsewhere...
    m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By m0rdr3d

I think I can relate.  Too many games are the same, nothing really blowing my hair back these days.  Lately, I feel less obligated to finish.  I'll give em a couple of shots and then turn em loose.  Gamefly helps with that.
    vietthreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vietthreat
    @bybeach: i'll be sure to hear you rant about the game whenever your write it =) 

@FancySoapsMan: yeah after finishing it and thinking back, i did like all the options i had even though after a while i just wanted to stealth the rest of the game 

@m0rdr3d: wish i had gamefly where i'm from so i could get a little less regret for some games because i hear their good but then figure that it is not for me 

@Sin4profit: worst is when your playing a game, stop to play something else and never go back but still want to finish it. 

@OllyOxenFree: i finished the hamburger, it is not good enough for you? 

@Kjellm87: that could be it, i'll limiting my play sessions with games and see how that works 

@oatz: bros for life

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.