Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

As Nomad, an elite soldier outfitted in a state-of-the-art Nanosuit that gives him superhuman abilities, infiltrate a North Korean-held island to rescue captured scientists... and face a reawakening ancient evil that threatens the entire world. Crysis is well known for its high system requirements and top of the line graphics.

My Problem With This Game

VictoryBlixt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VictoryBlixt

I never feel in control of the situation. Now to preface this, I have never played the original crysis before, but I have played Crysis 2 and I loved it, I played through it 3 times and the 3rd time was on the hardest difficulty. My problem with this game is that the enemies can spot you from so far away and when they see you the immediately go on full alert, and not just getting closer to investigate. There is also no way to take them out while cloaked, and so your forced to uncloak and usually get spotted. I never feel like a bad ass hunting these soldiers, I feel like I'm sloppily getting spotted and shooting them and running away. It's just not that fun for me because I never feel like I'm succceding, I just feel like I'm fumbling my way through.

So does anyone know if I'm just playing the game wrong, how the AI works, or any help on how to actually enjoy this game.

*Also this game is in serious need of a patch, the AI is often simply broken and acts in some really dumb ways.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sooty

I never had those problems when I first played it in 2007.

I did have a problem with the bad story and bland characters, though.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By peacebrother

You have to really scout out situations. Use the binocs constantly, always check your surroundings, tread carefully.

Take for example, the school infiltration. I scouted out the area for 10-15 minutes before taking action. Checked out where all the manned-guns were, all the soldiers, what I could blow to up to distract them etc...Then you have to adjust on the fly. USE THE SUIT CONSTANTLY. Effective use of the nanosuit is 100% required to enjoy Crysis. Line up a headshot, uncloak, fire, cloak within 1 second; it's so satisfying. Use sprint to get out of situations, use cloak with noise to mislead the AI to another location. You can really do whatever you want, once you start really thinking about it. Or just grab a jeep, fly it through a building, throw armor on and shoot like a madman. Don't be afraid to get caught, that's when you can really make use of the suit.

Quick save before an assault (if you're on PC, console version sadly lacks quick/manual save), and experiment. You don't have to worry about this stuff in Crysis 2 because it's so much more linear. NOt to knock it too much, because I really like it, but Crysis is head and shoulders above it's sequel once you start really thinking with the Nanosuit. It's like thinking with portals, but more death.

By the way, I love Crysis, ahaha.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @VictoryBlixt said:

I never feel in control of the situation. Now to preface this, I have never played the original crysis before, but I have played Crysis 2 and I loved it, I played through it 3 times and the 3rd time was on the hardest difficulty. My problem with this game is that the enemies can spot you from so far away and when they see you the immediately go on full alert, and not just getting closer to investigate. There is also no way to take them out while cloaked, and so your forced to uncloak and usually get spotted. I never feel like a bad ass hunting these soldiers, I feel like I'm sloppily getting spotted and shooting them and running away. It's just not that fun for me because I never feel like I'm succceding, I just feel like I'm fumbling my way through.

So does anyone know if I'm just playing the game wrong, how the AI works, or any help on how to actually enjoy this game.

*Also this game is in serious need of a patch, the AI is often simply broken and acts in some really dumb ways.

The first game looked amazing at the time. The gameplay was not the best. No you are no playing it wrong. It was to be a marvel for the eyes....but not the best gameplay or AI in the world. Or at least how I remember the game. 
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

All I can add and suggest is not to only rely on cloak, but the brush as you can prone in them to hide. Like in PC, the environments are perfectly placed so you can cloak, then when you need to, go prone in a bush somewhere. One of my favorite things about Crysis is that you can sit in a bush just staring at guys like a predator, only to dispatch them soon after quietly. Then later in the game, it's different and you're the prey as the aliens are the predators. The only thing holding you back (somewhat) from playing the way you want, is that no matter what difficulty you play on, you can die kind of quickly. You really have to experiment to find what suits your liking. Oh, and trust me, the A.I. is just as bad from Crysis 1 to 2. I love going prone, it's something that I miss which actually disappointed me to find out it wasn't in two. By the way, take your time, and don't run through the game.

VictoryBlixt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VictoryBlixt

@NTM: I just always feel like that sometimes they seem me when I uncloak behind them they magically seem me and other times they don't. and so it is that bushes block the AIs view. Also to the person who said that I should scout, I usually do in these kinds of game, but in this game I just see the AI glitching out and not activating correctly and so it's very hard to work ha

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @VictoryBlixt said:

There is also no way to take them out while cloaked, and so your forced to uncloak and usually get spotted.

I didn't know this was a cloak simulator. What's wrong with going visible during firefights...... ? I'm not saying cloaking and killing is not possible, but you're gonna be going visible a lot, and I don't see what's so scary about that. 

I never feel like a bad ass hunting these soldiers, I feel like I'm sloppily getting spotted and shooting them and running away. It's just not that fun for me because I never feel like I'm succceding, I just feel like I'm fumbling my way through.

Yup, you're playing the game wrong :) 

I couldn't put it any better than this man has: 
    @Melvargh said:

You have to really scout out situations. Use the binocs constantly, always check your surroundings, tread carefully.

Take for example, the school infiltration. I scouted out the area for 10-15 minutes before taking action. Checked out where all the manned-guns were, all the soldiers, what I could blow to up to distract them etc...Then you have to adjust on the fly. USE THE SUIT CONSTANTLY. Effective use of the nanosuit is 100% required to enjoy Crysis. Line up a headshot, uncloak, fire, cloak within 1 second; it's so satisfying. Use sprint to get out of situations, use cloak with noise to mislead the AI to another location. You can really do whatever you want, once you start really thinking about it. Or just grab a jeep, fly it through a building, throw armor on and shoot like a madman. Don't be afraid to get caught, that's when you can really make use of the suit.

Quick save before an assault (if you're on PC, console version sadly lacks quick/manual save), and experiment. You don't have to worry about this stuff in Crysis 2 because it's so much more linear. NOt to knock it too much, because I really like it, but Crysis is head and shoulders above it's sequel once you start really thinking with the Nanosuit. It's like thinking with portals, but more death.

By the way, I love Crysis, ahaha.

^ that. 

It's all about your approach. If you're approaching this based on your Crysis 2 experience "This is like Modern Warfare 2 in the streets of Washington only I can go invisible and give my enemies sneaky wedgies!" Then you're not gonna do any good. Crysis 2 is linear and stupid, it helps you feel like a badass, it has everything set up for you (the ledges and flanking routes) and you just follow their steps and kick ass. 
    Crysis 1 is more life like. You don't feel in control because YOU'RE NOT in control. You are one man behind enemy lines, and you GET in control by thinking your attacks through, being smart and quick, using your suit's every gadget at the right time.  

That's how you dominate Crysis, one shootout at a time, and there's nothing wrong with fleeing sometimes, or with going run and gun. Hell, the most fun I had in the world was shifting between stealth and assault multiple times during the same gunfight!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Crysis is much more challenging then Crysis 2 it doesn't hold your hand but I really never found the game to hard the original farcry on the other hand is another story if you want to talk about crazy AI.

miguelkosta76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By miguelkosta76

This is why this game special, You need to be more tactical on your approach, use the binoculars to access the terrain and mark all the enemies you can find, use grenades on groups and snipe out as many as you can before moving with a rifle or pistol.

And don't forget to silence kill a enemy that is alone, this will avoid activating the alert status of other enemies.

Take your time and the game will award your patience.

http://thehalfgame.blogspot.com/

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Raineko

Yup that pissed me off pretty bad that people could spot you from a mile away much earlier before you would even see them.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperCycle

I found it a little annoying that there were no suit upgrades like it the second one, but I thought this game was great. I'm glad I got the chance to play it. I do hope they make Warhead for the consoles now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.