Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crystalis

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 13, 1990

A young hero must save the world from evil magic by finding the four powerful swords that form Crystalis.

Great game

xhugglesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This game is great. Also, here's a $15 thing for the Giant Bomb store that I'm not going to use.

4ca697746edd-3f7544bf

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@xhugglesx: Never heard of it. What's great about it?

And thanks for the code!

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crystalis is a great game, my nostalgia demands it! Zelda with more RPG bits throws in and it actually plays pretty well. Also just read the wiki overview! Nuclear apocalypse in 1997? Protagonist awoken from stasis? Crazy floating techno-tower with a hidden power? Fuck man just throw in a bunch of magic and magical swords too because why the hell not?

This thread can die now, but I'm glad it existed. Crystalis man.

John_Wiswell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back in the day, I liked Crystallis more than Zelda. The leveling mechanic helped, but I also just loved the elements of the weapons and how they could sometimes backfire, like the Thunder Sword just turning slimes gigantic.

ElectricViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Crystalis is a fantastic pickup if you're getting into NES collecting and would like to stray off the well trodden first party path a bit. Post-nuclear apocalyptic, mechanically dense Zelda-like that can be found loose for $10. Stay clear of the GBC remake though.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Man this game has never been re-released on Virtual console has it? That's horrible shame, it was good stuff.

one of the few Zelda clones I can remember and probably the best one from that era.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crystalis is really fun! I remember hating the swamp area when I was younger.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, yes it is. Underrated even. Game play on par with the first Zelda with much cooler lore. Better than the second.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.