Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 25, 2010

Ace Attorney meets action and rhythm games with a plot resembling Battle Royale in this "high speed detective action game" from Spike for the PSP.

Can this game be enjoyed if you have been spoiled?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I decided to pick up the first Danganronpa game after Patrick talked so fondly of the series during the game of the year podcasts, but I've ran into a bit of a problem. You see, after the anime adaptation came out I was spoiled on the reveal of sorts in regards to the characters. I don't know much more than Junko being the true villain. With the way trials seem to play into this game, it seems like it would be endlessly frustrating to partake in them when I know who the real culprit is. Is this true of the way the game seems to be designed, or is there still fun to be had here - spoilers or not?

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had the same thing because every picture of Junko ever has her wearing Monokuma stuff. It didn't really matter to me since I didn't know for sure that's what was going on, and there are still plenty of other twists and turns in the game regardless. The way the trials play out, knowing who the mastermind is doesn't spoil anything for that case, since they're all individual mysteries with their own culprits/victims.

Besides that, you already own it so you might as well at least try it out.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n said:

The trials aren't about figuring out who is behind it all, they're about which of your classmates killed another. If you already know how everyone dies and who did it in each case you probably won't enjoy it as much, but if that's all you know then you know basically nothing. There's a lot more to the story than just "You're the killer! We figured it out good job guys!". Granted knowing who it is will make you ask a few different questions early on I imagine most people won't but you should be fine.

So the character I named is not the killer in each case of a death? I had assumed that they were, and I would be condemning the wrong people - thus leading to frustration. If Junko is only pulling the strings, or something beyond my knowledge, I could at least partake in the trials knowing I don't have all the answers.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

Yeah each case has a different culprit. I went in knowing who the ringleader was and still loved it. There's a lot more questions about what's going on than just who the Puppet Master is.

Dio Junko is best Junko, MUDA MUDA MUDA!

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By emfromthesea

Alright. It seems there's still enough mystery there for me to enjoy. Thanks guys.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

The students are all actually vampiric penguins who feed on...wait for it...dragons.

...would be an awesome story for a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.