Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 01, 2015

A remastered release of Dark Souls II, featuring a graphical upgrade, increased online player limit, remixed locations for items and enemies, and includes all of the previously released DLC.

Co-op Hosting Public Service Announcement

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By bceagles128

EDIT: This should be in the Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin Forum

Been sunbro-ing for a bit in the Undead Purgatory and Aldia's Keep. For the love of God, do NOT light the statute torch that illuminates the Undead Purgatory or Aldia's Keep unless you are prepared to deal with 4-5 red phantoms on your way to the boss in each area. This is in NG and it sure seems like most people who are forced to summon to get through those areas are decidedly not ready since I have hosts dying left and right in both areas.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

By the way, its better if you place this in a specific game forum than in general discussion so people who don't know would know what game you are actually talking about. :D

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@gaspower:

I thought I had? I searched for Scholar of First Sin and clicked on it but it didn't register. Mods can you move this please? Thanks.=

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bceagles128: No problems! Forums might be having issues again I reckon.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I thought this was going to be about how co-op trivialized the entire game. Because it does. It was bad before, but now that you get a third summon its just stupid.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By TheBlue

Pretty much. I did some co-op against Sinner to max out Sunbros and it was absurd to see 4 dudes wailing on her. The AI consistently got messed and either did nothing for half the fight or just got staggered from the sheer number of attacks. Not to mention if there is severe lag, the boss will just glide around the room.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@sterling said:

I thought this was going to be about how co-op trivialized the entire game. Because it does. It was bad before, but now that you get a third summon its just stupid.

This has always been the case in Souls games. I don't see what's wrong with it, I never summon and if you want to do it you can. Great system.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@zevvion said:

@sterling said:

This has always been the case in Souls games. I don't see what's wrong with it, I never summon and if you want to do it you can. Great system.

Ya, I'm not saying people shouldn't co-op if they want to. I'm just saying its rather dull and some what pointless when you have four dudes all wailing on a boss so much that they can't even get an attack off. And you beat it in 30-45 seconds. I don't get why they added an extra summon if they didn't make it so when you did so the bosses got extra hard. There is no change from 3-4 summons. I just feel they should have really raised up the difficulty for that. Yes its always been easy with 3, but 4 is worse.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@sterling: Eh... It's always been pretty easy with 2. 3 was always a slaughterhouse and if you're adding in a forth I don't think that could make it even easier than 3 already was.

Maybe the extra summon isn't meant for a summon. When I read it had one more online player, I thought they opened up the possibility of more invaders or something like that. I haven't checked, but I guess that might not actually be possible. Maybe it's just to conquer an area rather than a boss? Most likely they just did it because they could, I'm guessing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.