Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Can I keep Belfry Luna for PVP?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I assume that beating the boss will remove invasions from that place. I could have sworn that I kept getting invaded in the Forest of Fallen Giants area even after killing the boss there. Maybe the other boss kept the area active?

Is there any reason for me to kill the Belfry boss? Do I need any items from them?

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think you need to kill the boss to finish the game, but you'll get a highly useful item if you do so.

I'm relatively certain that Bell Keeper invasions can still happen even if you've beaten the boss in that area, though.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JJBSterling

You get a key that helps for the boss and the run to it in Sinner's Rise (If you haven't beaten it yet).

Don't know how the invasions work in correlation to beating a boss, though.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The boss is totally optional, but yes, invasions still continue there and in Belfry Sol.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rafaelfc

Not really on topic.

But the enemy dwarves on the belfry are so goddamn funny, and pose a real threat if you underestimate them.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue said:

The boss is totally optional, but yes, invasions still continue there and in Belfry Sol.

Ah, so then I should kill the boss and not worry about it? It will always be open to invasions?

As a side not I've fought the boss in Sinner's Rise, but haven't killed him yet. Actually, I'm having trouble just dodging him. I feel like it may be a real hurdle in my Company of Champions run.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@theblue said:

@jjbsterling said:

You get a key that helps for the boss and the run to it in Sinner's Rise (If you haven't beaten it yet).

These. You can also get summoned to belfry sol even if you haven't discovered it yet, too.

bnutz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was invading last night and every so often I would appear in Belfry Sol, which I had never seen before. I'm obviously not that far yet, so I find it interesting that it would summon me there.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By golguin

Is it possible for invaders to drop gifts like in Dark Souls? I want someone to give me a Katana. I'm still using the same damn Scimitar+5 that I've had since the very start of the game. My damage output literally has not changed since I fought my 2nd boss (currently on my 8th).

bnutz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fairly certain someone dropped a Warmth spell for me in the Rat King lair. We need a trade thread, 'cause I want some shit.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: Yeah, killing the boss doesn't affect anything, a fog door appears in front of the boss room as with any other invasion if you've already beaten the boss. Also, I can't imagine fighting the Lost Sinner at a higher difficulty. It was the first boss that I actually had to resort to summoning people to even come close to beating her.

@yummylee: The first time I was summoned to Belfry Sol I had no idea where the hell I was. I wasn't even close to that area in the game. I literally thought I stumbled into some PvP hell-cage match area.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: Same. I thought there was initially some story event I hadn't reached yet where the original bell tower is somehow swamped in lava or something.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@golguin: I'm pretty sure nothing removes the threat of invasion in the game no matter what zone you are in, the boss being alive is irrelevant.

@theblue: That's a good way to describe the Belfry Sol, a damn good place for PvP.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By EthanielRain

@golguin said:

Is it possible for invaders to drop gifts like in Dark Souls? I want someone to give me a Katana. I'm still using the same damn Scimitar+5 that I've had since the very start of the game. My damage output literally has not changed since I fought my 2nd boss (currently on my 8th).

I have the black & poison katanas you can have. Add me on PSN if you want to try and set up a summon.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

I have the black & poison katanas you can have. Add me on PSN if you want to try and set up a summon.

I believe he's on 360.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@ethanielrain said:

@golguin said:

I believe he's on 360.

Yes, I'm on the 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.