Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Dark Souls 2 on PC VAC?

shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys! , so I was holding back to play Dark Souls 2 on PC and I avoided everything about it, but I have one question; is there Valve Anti-Cheat system? , since DS1 PvP was full of Cheat Engine hackers , i just hope it is in this version of the game since the SteamWorks integration. Thanks!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. But if it there, there will not be any mods for it.

shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By shock

@sterling: not really ,all of Valve Games and some other games uses VAC are totally modable.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Zevvion

I believe DSII will use Steamworks. I read it somewhere, can't remember if it was official or not. I really hope there will be no hackers as that is the primary reason why I thought the PC version of Dark Souls was shit.

I am thinking about getting the PC version as well. On the one hand it might be shitty to be a lot better at the game than the average PC player at that time, but on the other hand it might be a lot of fun with summons. I did Mytha a lot and man was it satisfying to lead people to the secret of that boss fight. Pretty much everyone knows now. I imagine PC guys will not, if they have been keeping clear of spoilers like you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.