Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Dark Souls II Missed Connections

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Have you ever played with someone who you really liked? They had a funny name? A weapon you wanted to know how they got? Maybe they're on Giant Bomb. Maybe you can find them, and figure everything out! Maybe you can even make a new friend.

When you make a missed connection, make sure to put your platform, the area you were in (or boss you were fighting), your name, and their username if you remember it. Maybe a little blurb about what happened. Let's see if we can make some connections!

Platform: PC

Area/Boss: no Man's Wharf/Flexile Sentry

Username (own): Taintsucker

Username (Phantom): charlietuna

Info: It didn't click until I was fading away from your world. Charlietuna, I know you know what Giantbomb is, and I want you to know that you fought well. Gg buddy, gg.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By DrZing

It's really buried but you can find out everyone you've interacted with's Steam username, if you want to chat with them later. Not as easy to use as "Players Met" on PS3, but it's good that it's there. It should be in the View -> Players menu. It's supposed to also be in the overlay but I could never find it. I never hear from anyone or talk to anyone though, I think it's really cool to have all the short, silent encounters, anything else would feel out of character with the game. Oh, and I am *very* glad the voice chat option defaults to being disabled, voice would be a disaster much of the time.

One time I accidentally summoned a guy in Lost Bastille due to his sign appearing just as I was about to pick up an item, and this was right outside the McDuff bonfire. I am not really that into playing through entire levels with people, it makes me feel like I have to rush (love doing that as a summon, cause I can just follow the host and not worry about losing anything if I screw up). But I would never want to be so rude and use the Separation Crystal... argh! So he had unfortunately used the large stone so I knew we were just going to have to go see the Ruin Sentinels. But then for some reason I decided to take the longest possible way to get there... via the area with the well and the lockstone, etc. I was trying to rush and playing pretty sloppy, I bet he thought I was totally lost and such a bad and reckless player. Against all odds we survived all the way to the Sentinels, even after a stupid detour up to see a still-petrified Straid and those ridiculous exploding guys! I was glad to be wrapping up the awkward session and of course, I then promptly fell to my death after we killed the first one. I felt really bad and never had time to say thanks with a wave or bow, at least he got a ton of souls I guess... And no, I never sent him a message. :\

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

/

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By jacksukeru

I bet there are people who know what Charlie Tuna is that don't know about Giant Bomb, though.

Also I've seen people put their summoning signs next to the McDuff chests before so that someone might accidentally summon them when they pick up the items, don't feel bad about black crystaling someone like that, you'd just be encouraging them otherwise.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@mb said:

@the_nubster said:
    I dont even...what
    I dont even...what

I went in expecting to hate this game and I didn't think I was going to use any online features.

I messed up. ):

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if the people with swear words in their names know they show up half-starred-out, like B***Master. :) I feel sorta bad for Jeff Green with his Dipshit character.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@drzing: The censoring is the best on PC. "Chosen Undead" shows up as "C**sen Und***" because it contains "ho" and "ead" (as in eat a dick).

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Capum15

@drzing: There's no way to turn it off for yourself is there? Though it is amusing to see so many stars. Especially if I just can't figure out what was suppose to be censored.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"ead"?! Wow, someone has too much time on their hands. I suppose this is what happens when your game is rated T for Teen.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It doesn't display your Steam username?

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyrider said:

@drzing: The censoring is the best on PC. "Chosen Undead" shows up as "C**sen Und***" because it contains "ho" and "ead" (as in eat a dick).

I saw a DrC**ps as well. Meanwhile BallzMchee was totally fine. The censoring thing is very silly. I'm guessing a lot of people didn't expect the game to use their character name so they just used whatever. In original Dark Souls it used your GFWL name.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Slaegar

@thunderslash: No it uses whatever you have as a character name. It threw me for a loop when I checked my summon sign for my knight and it said ISHYGDDT.

@skyrider said:

I saw a DrC**ps as well. Meanwhile BallzMchee was totally fine. The censoring thing is very silly. I'm guessing a lot of people didn't expect the game to use their character name so they just used whatever. In original Dark Souls it used your GFWL name.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TruthTellah

@mb said:

@the_nubster said:
    I dont even...what
    I dont even...what

I went in expecting to hate this game and I didn't think I was going to use any online features.

I messed up. ):

"Taintsucker"

No Caption Provided
    Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

To all 16 invaders that invaded me in Heide's Tower of Flame in NG+ and were hacking: ...pussies.

That is all.

Obviously PC.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: It's funny, I never had an invasion there when I was going through it, even spending time murdering/grinding the big guys for easy souls, but I saw like 15 or so when I was being summoned to help other people.

Luckily, none of them were hackers though, or if they were, they were terrible at it. None of them killed anyone, even with 3 big guys attacking us.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@capum15: On NG+? In NG you won't get invaded there at all most likely, but on NG+ I get someone every 5 minutes.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: From what I could tell, all the summons were NG (bosses/enemies were pretty easy, taking normal damage and stuff), and I was too. Just thought it was odd I never got one, while I saw a bunch while summoning. Pretty sure none of them were red sign summons either.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By mrbubbles

Platform: PC

Area/Boss: Throne of Want/Throne Defender and Throne Watcher

Username (own): Kassah

Username (Phantom): (Don't remember)

Info: We rolled into that boss fight (my first try) wrecked their shit and then we almost killed Nashandra but then both of us died. I never saw your summon sign again :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.