Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

DarkSouls 2 on PS3 last patch drastically increase your FPS?

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Evilsbane

I just really noticed today that since I got the 1.02 update my framerate is AMAZING! Majula was seriously a slog sub 20FPS at all times, now, Bam most places a solid 30 with tiny dips so so happy that the game is running this much better anyone else have this happen? The load times seem about the same but DAMN I saw some comments about the framerate being fine on the PS3 which was not my experience at all running a Slim btw. Really interested to know about how it felt before and after across different PS3's.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I hope it helps the framerate. I've been playing on 360 and it's amazing how well it runs all things considering. There are some places where the FPS actually jumps near the 60 range at time .. although those places are usually long corridors.. but still!

Best of luck to the PS3 users, nothing sucks worse than a hitchy framerate in an action oriented game.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Yeah, the framerate seems mostly fine now. It appears to be running above 30fps quite often. I have an old fat ps3 as well. The only area the framerate tanked to like 15fps or worse was in the tree memories where there are huge battles taking place and loads of giant enemies on screen.

BerserkingGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I haven't noticed any changes to the frame rate at all. It actually didnt hit me how bad the frame rate was on the ps3 until I saw it on the 360.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Evilsbane

@berserkingguts said:

I haven't noticed any changes to the frame rate at all. It actually didnt hit me how bad the frame rate was on the ps3 until I saw it on the 360.

Me as well, seeing the 360 version was making me extremely sad Dat FPS Those Loading times, but the FPS isn't in the gutter anymore since the patch sorry it hasn't been the same for you make sure you got the update I can't honestly believe the difference it made obviously your in Majula alot and I can't believe the difference running around that area.

@benspyda said:

Yeah, the framerate seems mostly fine now. It appears to be running above 30fps quite often. I have an old fat ps3 as well. The only area the framerate tanked to like 15fps or worse was in the tree memories where there are huge battles taking place and loads of giant enemies on screen.

Awesome this is what I wanted to hear it is such a difference.

Tobako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tobako

I didn't notice any difference.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I didn't notice an improvement. I have however, stopped noticing that it's bad. Maybe it got better. Maybe I got used to it being bad.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By handlas

None. Framerate is still embarrassingly bad. I wouldnt mind playing thru the game again on PC. Playing DS1 on PC with silky smooth framerate was so nice.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I remember playing it day one and the framerate being terrible, either the patch improved it or I'm going mad. Also in some areas it runs "silky smooth" above 30fps and others it seems to run sub 30fps but nothing intolerable. I was surprised how well the framerate held up in the Dragon Aerie where there were like 15 dragons just flying around.

Unfortunately the load times still suck ass. Which is my main problem with the ps3 version.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure about framerate, but it did seem to fix most of the lag issues for me in co-op and pvp. Prior to the patch I was essentially having to guess where my opponent actually was (including the boss if I was being summoned), but as soon as the patch installed I've have only small occurrences of lag spikes. But really, who knows if that helped. It's just interesting how the timing worked out.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobako said:

I didn't notice any difference.

I didn't notice an improvement. I have however, stopped noticing that it's bad. Maybe it got better. Maybe I got used to it being bad.

@handlas said:

None. Framerate is still embarrassingly bad. I wouldnt mind playing thru the game again on PC. Playing DS1 on PC with silky smooth framerate was so nice.

Interesting, What PS3's are you guys running? Orig? Slims?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Playing on an original Slim and I downloaded it (no disk). I didn't notice any change myself.

I can understand that some people, including me, can get use to bad framerate to the point where you stop noticing it as much. But I've been jumping between this and Infamous Second Son so it's going from a super smooth, very pretty game to... you know... a pretty PS3 game that runs badly.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@evilsbane: I'm using the second generation of PS3 and playing the disc version of the game.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scampbell

Is anyone else using an SSHD in their PS3? My framerate have been nice and stable from the beginning, well maybe except in Majula and Things Betwixt. I doubt the framerate have benefited from the SSHD, but from reading the comments here, the loading times certainly have. I have experienced no delay in the menus, and warping takes less than five seconds. It might seem like a big expense for the good-old PS3, but I'm not regretting it. Besides, I can always move it to something more worthy when the time comes.

I suppose Majula does seem a bit more fluent than before, now that you mention it.

Tobako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tobako

I'm on a super slim and got the first patch 1.01 even before I started playing, I didn't notice the framerate being too bad to begin with but I tolerate it well, majula seems to run around 20fps or a little more, but definitely much less smooth when compared side by side to the 360.

I bought my PS3 only a few months ago without HDD so I use the main memory, I guess that counts as SSHD? I still have menu and sound lag.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose Majula does seem a bit more fluent than before, now that you mention it.

Yea its what made me notice the improvement because I was there all the time and it was So Terrible now it seems fairly smooth.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and warping takes less than five seconds

That makes me sick to my stomach.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.