Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Game save corrupted! Need help recreating pure manliness!

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SquirrelGOD

So, when I first played through the game, I played it like a chump. Sword. Shield. Armor. Whatever. I beat the game and I thought "Well, guess I need to give the other side a shot. Time to try some magic. Ugh." I don't like magic in video games. Magic is a cowards tool (the exception, of course, being the Shaman class in WoW, because lightning is cool!). But, I have really enjoyed Dark Souls II, so I wanted to experience it differently. If only I knew of the glory I was about to create...

Wizard Bob was going to be a powerful spell caster. He was born to burn his enemies with flame. To smite his foes with spears of pure lightning. To cast magic missiles into the darkness so that there might be light. But, fate had other plans for Wizard Bob. I decided to actually spend time with the character creation this time. I closed my eyes, and allowed the sliders to be moved by destiny. The result? Pure power:

Upon gazing at his glory, I realized that Wizard Bob was not to learn a hundred spells. No, Wizard Bob would only know one spell. The spell called "Pain". A powerful spell that could only be cast with one's fists!

Wizard Bob would not wear any sort of chest armor (doing so would prevent others from witnessing his glory), and he would not wear any helmet that might conceal his magnificent mustache. His only weapon would be his trusty pair of caestus, and the ungodly strength that resided in his left fist (Casey Jones) and his right fist (Starscream).

Getting to the lady that sells the Caestus' was difficult. Wizard Bob refused to use any weapon he would find, muttering only "These young roustabouts will meet the most glorious of demises when my soupbones find their faces!" But, through gumption and an unshakable sense of pride, Wizard Bob gained his weapons and started carving a path of destruction.

The Last Giant? Decimated on the first attempt. The Pursuer? Oh, he got a few shots in, but his armor was not strong enough to protect him from Wizard Bob's hands. The Ruin Sentinels? They should have brought more than just three. And invaders? Well, Wizard Bob has only been invaded once, and after the ass-kicking that he gave that poor bastard (some super-weird build of really heavy armor and spell-casting), I'd be surprised if anyone ever wanted to try again. But, Wizard Bob was not without kindness. He helped many other players defeat the bosses that Wizard Bob so handily defeated. Wizard Bob was on a mission, and nothing could stop him. Until tragedy struck...

I returned from work last night, and after an hour or two of Diablo 3, I decided to play a bit of Dark Souls. I booted up the game, loaded up Wizard Bob, and then the game crashed while loading. No worries. Things happen. However, when I tried again...Wizard Bob was gone. My character that I beat the game with was still there, but Wizard Bob was nowhere to be found. After staring at the screen for a solid minute, I came to the realization that I had to start over. That Wizard Bob needed to be reborn.

And, that is where the current problem lies. I am having no luck recreating Wizard Bob. He always comes out wrong. One of the few things I remember about his creation was cranking up the sliders in the "Chin" category, but other than that, I couldn't say. I've seen some people do some cool stuff in creating characters already, and was hoping that maybe someone has an understanding of the sliders and can help recreate Wizard Bob. I only have these three crappy pictures that I took with an old camera phone because I wanted to show my brilliance to a friend, so I really hope they can help. If you can lend a hand, then thanks! If not, then no worries.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh noes D: , I hardly understand them myself wish I could really help to bring back Wizard Bob

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Someone help this man. Those pictures are so good. Damn, if it was out on PC already I'd totally mess with the sliders to try and help.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wizard Bob needs to embrace the power of automatic cloud saving

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@squirrelgod: That story is heartbreaking beyond belief. A fist fighting mustache man named Wizard bob that doesn't even use magic.. why were the Gods so cruel..

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By development

This was hilarious. Looks like you slammed the jaw and chin "width" sliders all the way to the right. Also looks like you have a bit of the masculine influence slider or whatever that thing is. I'm not sure what it's supposed to do, but it tends to make your dude's face get lumpy. All I know is that my nose and chin get pretty pronounced when I use a bit of that slider, so give it a try.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TruthTellah

Wizard Bob was too beautiful for this world... 。゜(`Д´)゜。

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That reminds me the time I tried to recreate my original Shepherd, but it came out all wrong so I had to restart and create a lady instead.

Maybe it's time to let Wizard Bob rest and create another, different looking dude. Maybe an apprentice of great old Bob, searching for glory, trying to finish what his master started?

Thanks for the story though, what a fun read!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Dark Souls makes peoeple crazy.

Wizard Bob makes the ladies swoon.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SingingMenstrual

Wizard Bob was too beautiful for this world... 。゜(`Д´)゜。

Damn straight!

This is why they teach us in school to always back-up our saves, OP! Sorry for your loss.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Robert Z'Dar with a mustache?

5grand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 5grand

@squirrelgod

The people wondered what had become of Wizard Bob. Rumour spread like wildfire: had he been taken by his own raw power? Some said that his form was not written to the clouds above and that this had resulted in his untimely death. In truth no one knew. They just feared for his safety, hoping for a safe return.

The hoards of fans should have cast any fears they had aside, for wizard bob was on a voyage of discovery that would allow him to attain a power beyond belief. Wizard bobs final power would be replicability! Now others could take this magnificent specimen of a man into their own worlds and craft him as they saw fit.

How could such a thing be done you ask? No one knew for sure. Wizard Bobs original form had been created by the squirrel god but had since been lost to the passage of time. Therefore Wizard Bob had asked for a magical scroll to be created called "the sliders of destiny". This provided answers for those that who sought them. Who created such a scroll? A mere apprentice of the squirrel god who wanted aid Wizard Bob and bring his manliness to the citizens of a cruel and unforgiving place.

The scroll read:

• Jaw
      • Move all of them to their obvious extremities apart from Size (1/3 in from Right)
    • Mouth 2
      • Expression
        • ¼ in from Left (L)
      • Slant
        • 1/3 in from Right (R)
      • Protrusion
        • 5 clicks to the R from Middle (mid)
      • Position
        • Mid
      • Width
        • 3 clicks to the L from Mid
      • Distance from mouth to chin
        • 2 Clicks to the R from Mid
    • Mouth 1
      • Leave as Default
    • Nose 2
      • Position
        • 1/3 in from R
      • Height
        • 1 click L from Mid
      • Angle
        • ¼ in from L
      • Size
        • Mid
      • Width
        • Mid
    • Nose 1
      • Protrusion 1
        • 4 clicks L from Mid
      • Protrusion 2
        • 6 clicks L from Mid
      • Depth
        • Mid
      • Length
        • 3 clicks R from Mid
      • Height
        • 1/3 in from L
      • Pro
        • 1/4 in from L
    • Eyes 2
      • Color 1
        • Mid
      • Color 2
        • Mid
      • Eyelid Brightness
        • 4 clicks R from Mid
      • Color
        • Mid
      • Liner
        • Mid
      • Shadow
        • 1/3 in from R
    • Eyes 1
      • Depth
        • Fully R
      • Protrusion
        • 1/3 in from L
      • Position
        • Fully L
      • Size
        • 3 click L from Mid
      • Angle
        • 1/3 in from L
      • Spacing
        • Fully L
      • Color
        • Yellow
    • Brow
      • Gab Height
        • Fully L
      • Gab width
        • ¼ in from R
      • Height
        • Mid
      • Inner
        • 4 clicks from L
      • Outer
        • 5 clicks from R
    • Shape 2
      • Height
        • ¼ in from L
      • Depth
        • 4 clicks L from Mid
      • Spread
        • Mid
      • Fullness
        • ¼ in from R
      • Cheeks
        • 4 clicks L from Mid
      • Tip Depth
        • Fully R
      • Bredth
        • 5 clicks L from Mid
      • Chin
        • Fully R
    • Shape 1
      • Nose size
        • Mid
      • Nose to forehead
        • 5 clicks R from Mid
      • Width 1
        • Mid
      • Roundness
        • 3 clicks L from Mid
      • Vert Space
        • 3 clicks R from Mid
      • Placement
        • 5 clicks L from Mid
      • Horizontal
        • Mid
      • Gab Width
        • 2 clicks L from Mid
    • Overall 2
      • Color
        • Mid
      • Lines
        • Mid
    • Overall 1
      • Hormones
        • Fully L
      • Form Emphasis
        • Fully L
      • Color Emphasis
        • Fully L

Think that should lead to a pretty close approximation of Wizard Bob. (I also apologise for the phone photos!)

With Caestus':

Started to try this for one character just to see if it was something that I could do and came pretty close but didn't make any notes. Hope that you can follow what I have written! Pretty pleased with the results but if anyone can improve upon it then let me know. Sucks when you loose a save but Wizard Bob should be able to live to fight another day!

Enjoy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.