Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

If you want to play Dark Souls II again, now is the time to do it

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

A while ago, a notable Souls YouTuber (SoulsTuber?) IllusionaryWall, created an open invitation for the community to play Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin. The point of this event is to return to DSII and interact with the online components of the game as much as possible, so as to increase player count as if the game recently launched. This of course in a reaction to DSIII horrible online functionality and balance for PvP, but the ultimate goal is to just have fun. Whether that be PvE, co-op or PvP. The event already started and is suggested to last until March 11th. There is a decently large community who respects IllusionaryWall and so while they all have their favorite Souls games they play, you can expect most of them to play DSII during this time.

No Caption Provided

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just Scholars or darksouls 2 period? I only have the original on pc, i only ask to clarify i doubt i go back for any pvp as that was never my thing.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@oursin_360: You can play any version, but from what I understand most people play Scholar of the First Sin. Also, lots of people are just doing co-op stuff.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I actually have a DS2 replay in progress, since I never played sotfs before, despite having played the game through twice, so that's really cool. For other reasons though, now is actually a really bad time to replay DS2, at least for me, just given the massive number of new games coming out that I want to play/am playing.

totendeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I started my second run through DSII roughly at that date without even knowing about this. Explains the many "Don't give up, Skeleton!" messages all over the place.
    Praise the sun, indeed!

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested in this. I suck at DS2 so I might need that help through co-op.

joques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By joques

So this is why I keep seeing ghosts of people in super-fancy (presumably end-game) equipment roaming around the starting areas!

Playing DS2 (SotFS) for the first time now. Had a beast of a time beating the Pursuer with my HP pegged at half (I am (or was, rather) super stingy with the effigys since they are a limited resource). The only weapon with a move set that I liked, was the mace you find in Majula, and it has such a poor reach (I am now rocking a Drangleic Sword, which I love to death). After like 20 attempts, I had it down to a science rolling out of his attacks, but I couldn't get in and counter fast enough, partly because of the short reach. TWO times I was a single hit away from getting him, and then died. So I asked for help, and some kind soul joined me and two-shotted him with the ballistae in the corner, that I hadn't even realized were there!

That was my first time in Souls that I asked for help from anybody other than Solaire, and it was awesome! Some little time later I decided to return the favour, went back to his perch up there and laid down a white soapstone sign. Also the first time I ever did that. Soon I was summoned into another's world, and we had the most perfect cooperation: I would get right up in The Pursuer's grill and and tie him down by rolling his attacks, while my compatriot stayed at a distance and magic missiled him to death. After it was done, we gave each other a courteous bow, and he went about his business. Fantastic experience! I'll do that a lot more from now, esp. since I realized you get un-hollowed from doing it! Great incentive, when the effigys are a limited resource!

DS2 gets a lot of shit, but so far I don't get why. Linear levels? The entire castle area in Forest of Fallen Giants is a 3-dimentional maze with interconnections and shortcuts and twists, every bit as bewildering as anything in DS1. I am absolutely loving it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.