Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Second to last area of the game (spoilers)

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Was anyone else really impressed with Dragon Aerie? After all the talk about how much the game was downgraded visually (it clearly was, but the hyperbole is insane), it really took my breath away with how incredible the whole place looked. All the dragons flying around and the gusts of wind constantly barreling past you, accompanied with the sound design of the whole thing, it was absolutely gorgeous. The whole series has never been technically impressive, but From gets insane mileage out of their art & sound design.

bnutz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I agree. The graphics engine in the Souls games has always left something to be desired, but they tend to make the best of it. Some really brilliant stuff.

I haven't been to this particular area yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I was impressed with the very end of Iron Keep with the sea of lava and the volcano in the background. My roomie who has yet to show much interest in these games actually gasped when I walked out into it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Dragon Aerie is awesome, Dragon Shrine (assuming melee build) is like "Hey this area's at least 10 times harder than every other area in the series, run motherfucker"

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CaLe

Just after you beat the first dragon boss in the massive cage, then walk over a short walkway, I literally stopped in my steps because I was stunned by how good it looked. The same when I first saw Drangleic Castle in the rain at night. Then walking across the windy/shaky bridge to the dragon castle. Just blown away by how some of it looked.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Make sure you try to fight a phantom on that wobbly bridge. It's great.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@cale: Another awe-inspiring moment. The whole approach to Drangleic Castle with the rain coming down and the emerald herald staring at the castle was so well done, made me feel like I was entering Castlevania.

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Going up the stairs of Dragon Shrine was full of wonder, those dragon knights just makes you want to be one of them. I couldn't believe they could reproduce seeing Anor Londo for the 1st time.

But then the room passed stair way is all there is, and it was the end of the area. It was kind of a let down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.