Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Am I royally screwed?

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I killed Quelaan, and Enygi, and also the fire keeper at firelink is dead because of that douche I saved in the church.

Am I fucked or nah not really?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

You never are, just press on.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Turambar

By Quelaan, I'm assuming you're referring to the Fair Lady? No, you're not fucked in any way. You're a dick for killing a defenseless blind woman who's mortally wounded herself to ease the pain of others, but you'll be fine.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MezZa

Nah not really. Those two aren't really that important unless you wanted to be in the chaos covenant, and a lot of people lose the fire keeper to that dick. I say press on good fellow.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@turambar said:

By Quelaan, I'm assuming you're referring to the Fair Lady? No, you're not fucked in any way. You're a dick for killing a defenseless blind woman who's mortally wounded herself to ease the pain of others, but you'll be fine.

Is he, though? I suppose that depends on if you believe euthanasia is wrong, and keeping a creature alive no matter their comfort, pain, or any hope for recovery is more important.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

I'm not sure...is your name Kate Middleton?

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By halodude442

Thank you duders, I shall press on deeper into the insanity that is dark souls... by that I mean forget these giant cats man lol

seveword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, yes. Restart and put all your points into resistance, that'll do you good.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seveword said:

Actually, yes. Restart and put all your points into resistance, that'll do you good.

Hey, internet, I think we have a joker here.

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^^ Trollolololol. And I am probably a dick I just wanted dat fire keeper soul, only to find out the other one got killed, which was saddening to say the least when you have two of those babies in your inventory

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Turambar

^^^^ Trollolololol. And I am probably a dick I just wanted dat fire keeper soul, only to find out the other one got killed, which was saddening to say the least when you have two of those babies in your inventory

You're not too far from another fire keeper anyways.

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By halodude442
    DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeathTrap

Isn't there some "quest" or something to get that fire keeper back after that idiot from the church kills her?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I accidentally killed the big guy near the elevators that take you from firelink shrine to the undead parish. Then I came back to firelink and there were 2 of his cronies waiting for me (killed both on my first try) and there was another lady who looked unaffiliated with them, but was acting crazy and tried to punch me, so I killed her as well. Not really sure if that was normal or not. Anyone know who the third lady was (she wasn't big like them and didn't look like much of a fighter, probably into magic since she dropped a magic item).

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't there some "quest" or something to get that fire keeper back after that idiot from the church kills her?

Lautrec isn't from the Church. There is a priest that is also a giant dick though.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Turambar

I accidentally killed the big guy near the elevators that take you from firelink shrine to the undead parish. Then I came back to firelink and there were 2 of his cronies waiting for me (killed both on my first try) and there was another lady who looked unaffiliated with them, but was acting crazy and tried to punch me, so I killed her as well. Not really sure if that was normal or not. Anyone know who the third lady was (she wasn't big like them and didn't look like much of a fighter, probably into magic since she dropped a magic item).

There is an entire side quest related with those guys. The church sends members of its order to Lordran in search of kindling. The maiden, Rhea of Thorolund, is a high member of the Church, and the other 3 are her guardian priests. You eventually find most of them in the Tomb of the Giants. There is some major dialogue regarding that side quest if you speak with the first guy you killed, but most people don't encounter it since it only pops up after killing Capra Demon but before Gaping Dragon, and another set of dialogue from after Gaping Dragon, but before ringing the second bell. Most people don't return to Firelink in that portion of the game.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@turambar said:

@deathtrap said:

Lautrec isn't from the Church. There is a priest that is also a giant dick though.

Lautrec is from the church. His prison cell is in there. And yes, there is a quest to get that fire keeper back.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Turambar

@mosespippy said:

@turambar said:

@deathtrap said:

Lautrec is from the church. His prison cell is in there. And yes, there is a quest to get that fire keeper back.

Lautrec is from Carim, while all the church related NPCs in the game are from Thorolund, as far as I am aware.

Edit: Just realized what you were trying to say. I meant the Church as in the religious/political institution that rules over Thorolund as well as the Way of White, not the building in the parish itself.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next run through, Kill Lautrec as soon as you meet him. He's just an ass and you get a nice item from him.

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

Next run through, Kill Lautrec as soon as you meet him. He's just an ass and you get a nice item from him.

I definitely will, hes a pain in the ass

illegalnull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seveword said:

Hey, internet, I think we have a joker here.

In all seriousness, has anyone ever seen a resistance build? Does anyone here put many points into resistance? I have not really bothered. I wonder what becomes available to the player at high resistance stats, other than just defence/resistance up?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@illegalnull: I put a bunch of points into resistance on my level 148 character. I was able to get hit with toxic darts and not be instantly toxic, as well as walk through Blighttown without getting poisoned. It seemed OK to me.

illegalnull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By illegalnull

@mosespippy: Oh man, descending down Blighttown would be so much easier with that, forgot about those darts!

SongWriter1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SongWriter1987

I killed Quelaan, and Enygi, and also the fire keeper at firelink is dead because of that douche I saved in the church.

You kill the douche later and bring the fire keeper at the firelink back to life. She will be able to speak.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By TobbRobb

@illegalnull: I started putting points into resistance for my gimmicky VIT/END fire zwei build. Because I ran out of things to put points in.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

there's always new game plus plus plus plus plus plus plus

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You dont need anyone alive to finish the game. Kill them all and just keep on going. Its more fun when your actually All Alone......

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

I definitely will, hes a pain in the ass

Just keep in mind you won't get some unique items you could have obtained through his "revenge" sidequest thing. I personally never kill him. I like the reward for the quest.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Nah. You're fine.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those characters don't matter

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.