Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Ascending the Pyromancy Flame to Queelana's Flame

DrHawking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DrHawking

Is there any trick to do this? I started as a Pyromancer and upgraded my flame to +15 through Laurentius but I don't get the option to ascend my flame with Queelena. Any body else know how to do this?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By McShank

Umm, From what i can find on the web, there is no reason to her not upgrading it. I know I basically just had her upgrade mine to 15 then moved it to her flame and upgraded it to +5 without needing anything special. have you already killed quelaag? Or joined the chaos covenant? Those might be 2 things you need to do to have her upgrade it but that can be compeletly wrong. I was in the chaos covenant when she upgraded mine but that was merely for the fact i wanted their pyro spell a 30 humanity :D

DrHawking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DrHawking

@McShank: Yea I joined Chaos and killed Queelag and the only option I get is to break my flame down to 0 again. Is her flame still just called Pyromancy Flame in the Item screen? It was about 4 in the morning when I was trying to do this so Its very possible I could have missed something like that because I was super tired.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By McShank

@DrHawking: Ah, ya it is called the same :D. There is supposed to be a different picture for it from what I have seen but it is the same as the regular. When you upgrade it to 0 it will max at at +5 which means it is fully upgraded. The name is supposed to be different but who knows if FromSoft will fix this problem or not. Either way, it is supposed to be upgraded back to 0. Just make sure your not downgrading it >.<

DrHawking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DrHawking

@McShank: Thanks you just saved my sanity! I was about to be crushed if it bugged out on me from getting it.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By shirogane

it goes back to 0, but the power should be stronger than your +15. Bit confusing.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By McShank

Ya, it confused me at first but i had a ton of souls anyways and if it did revert back to 0 i could get it back to 15 no problem.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By gerrid

How much does she charge to ascend your flame?

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By envane

you can ascend it from +10 onwards i think , plus i think its free it just costs more souls to upgrade to +5 etc..

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By white

@envane: Costs 20k souls to get it from 15 to 0.

Also, the ascended flame has a bigger fire swirl on the palm.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By gla55jAw

You can do it with the Pyromancer merchant sitting in Blighttown too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.